- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,150 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FSLA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
If you have a passion for helping others and experience in a support role at a nonprofit organization, join our fast-paced, fun and supportive team with great benefits and generous PTO!
Elevation Community Land Trust (ECLT) is a growing statewide non-profit with a mission of providing permanently affordable homeownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income families across Colorado. Four years into our operations, our small but energetic staff is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide excellent customer service to ECLT’s homeowners, applicants, vendors, and others; provide administrative assistance to the finance department; act as an executive assistant; and generally support the organization’s office and operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Coordinator will work collaboratively across multiple departments and simultaneously be self-directed to help achieve ECLT’s organizational goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be flexible and willing to perform a wide range of administrative support activities. The Administrative Coordinator will also have a passion for creating a positive and efficient experience for each of ECLT’s applicants in phone and email interactions, including answering program questions, providing status updates, and directing more complex inquiries to the appropriate staff person as required. Additionally, the candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to safeguard confidential applicant and financial information. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), with dotted line reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and has no direct reports. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the organization’s receptionist.
- Respond daily to general email inquiries, including distributing emails to appropriate staff as needed.
- Provide homebuyer support via phone and email; answer questions about ECLT’s program and online application system.
- Complete data entry into ECLT’s applicant management system (Salesforce), including logging all client communications.
- Assist with distribution of ECLT marketing materials as requested.
Office Support & Coordination
- Manage staff registrations and travel coordination for annual conferences (e.g., Housing Colorado Conference).
- Order and maintain office supplies and provisions; manage the annual office supply and provisions budget.
- Sort incoming mail and manage outgoing mail, including managing postage.
- Schedule and manage trainings, meetings and events, both virtual and in person, including coordinating with outside vendors and partners, technology set up (Zoom or Teams), and RSVP tracking.
- Keep the office organized and well-functioning, including ordering furniture and hardware, identifying and managing internal and external storage needs, managing the relationship with ECLT’s landlord and outside vendors (e.g., IT support, external cleaning company), and other activities as needed.
Finance and Executive Support
- Assist with accounting data entry into Excel and ECLT’s accounting system.
- Accurately log incoming checks and receivables; mail outgoing payables; collate and file documentation.
- Provide support to the Finance team as a key part of the organization’s internal control processes.
- With the CEO, coordinate board of directors and committee activities, including scheduling meetings, distributing agendas, document organization on Sharepoint, taking meeting minutes, and other activities.
- With the CEO and Leadership Team, organize the annual board of directors and staff retreats, including but not limited to finding appropriate meeting space, ordering supplies and catering, and managing RSVPs.
- Act as the executive assistant to the C-Suite, including but not limited to general calendar management, scheduling and preparing for meetings, electronic and paper file organization, grant writing organization and support, making travel arrangements, and drafting communications.
- Develop a general understanding of community issues that impact ECLT’s work, e.g., affordable housing, workforce development, social enterprises, and government funding programs.
- Participate in external meetings and community events when required, supporting efforts to educate the community about ECLT and its programs, and representing ECLT in a professional and exceptional manner.
- Work collaboratively and effectively as an inter-departmental team member, including close communication on client-facing work activities with Homebuyer Experience & Impact Associate and Homebuyer Eligibility Associate.
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of job responsibilities. The incumbent will be expected to complete other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- Two years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree
- At least two years of experience working as an administrative assistant, executive assistant, or in another office support role
- At least one year of customer service and/or receptionist experience in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- At least one year of experience in a nonprofit organization
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams
- Knowledge and experience with some of the following software platforms a plus: Zoom, Sharepoint, Salesforce, WordPress and financial software
- Experience working with a non-profit and/or with marginalized populations preferred
- A record of success in helping organizations be more efficient and providing exceptional customer service to diverse groups of clients, vendors and partners
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bilingual, with verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish, preferred but not required
- High-level of technological acumen, and adept at learning and implementing new technologies
- A great attitude and a priority to contribute to the values of diversity, inclusion and equity both in the work environment and through the impact of our work statewide
- Highly organized and service-minded
- Excellent customer service skills, including an enthusiasm for working with customers over the phone
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up 80% of scheduled work hours
- Must have the ability to move up to 20 lbs., including relocation and set up of office equipment
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required to assist with trainings and events.
- While this position requires a strong office presence to support meetings and office organization, ECLT accommodates hybrid work structures and flexible scheduling to help employees maintain work/life balance.
Salary range: $40,150 to $50,000 per year (37.5 hour work week), commensurate with depth of experience and overall qualifications. ECLT also offers a generous benefit package that includes health/dental/vision coverage, life, 401k, and paid time off.
Elevation Community Land Trust is committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the affordable housing industry, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all. Our diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Elevation Community Land Trust
1114 W. 7th Ave.Denver, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?