Team Lead, Construction Services
- Posted: over a month ago
The Team Lead, Construction Services supports the implementation of Elevate’s offerings in designated service areas across the United States. This position is integral in advancing Elevate’s mission of ensuring that everyone has access to clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities. The Team Lead assists the Manager, Construction Services in implementing strategies to achieve project goals, delegating tasks based on each team member’s strengths/skills and offering the training necessary to complete certain tasks. The Team Lead applies relationship management, customer service, and construction management skills while working on utility energy efficiency, water safety, nonprofit, solar, or other programs within Elevate. The position may collaborate across teams in a lead or support role.
The Team Lead, Construction Services reports to the Manager, Construction Services. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote, though on-site work will be performed as needed.Responsibilities
- Delegate tasks and monitor project completion status to identify at-risk projects/develop mitigation plans to overcome barriers.
- Conduct building site visits to develop construction scopes of work and provide construction oversight across Elevate’s programs.
- Identify housing rehabilitation needs in single and multi-family homes, with an emphasis on opportunities to improve energy efficiency, health and safety, and accessibility.
- Motivate the team to document daily progress of assigned projects and keep up-to-date activity logs in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform to ensure visibility and data accuracy.
- Assist the manager in developing and implementing a timeline to achieve team targets.
- Lead project implementation activities such as relationship building, project oversight, contractor management.
- Track key metrics related to data quality and customer experiences.
- Liaise between project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, cost, and meeting plans are communicated.
- Prepare agendas, meeting notes, and project summaries for the team.
- Operate without direct supervision and bring manager suggested strategies to overcome current obstacles.
- Empower team members with skills and trainings to improve their confidence, knowledge, and skills.
- Contribute to complex special projects for the program in addition to day-to-day task completion.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the team on various aspects of construction management.
- Contribute to the growth of the organization through a successful team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in staff management, construction management, sustainability, nonprofit, or other related work
- Active building science certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bilingual preferred
- Strong ability to build relationships and work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to pivot quickly from situation to situation and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational, time management, and project coordination skills
- Resilient attitude, capacity to manage a high volume of work/complex situations, and a demonstrated attention to detail
- Capacity to mentor, guide, and instruct on a broad range of construction and industry subject matters
- Fluency in Salesforce or similar customer relationship management systems preferred
- Proactive mindset and ability to exercise sound judgement when escalating items to their manager
- Ability to work independently and employ problem-solving skills when encountering obstacles
- Passion for Elevate’s mission
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.Anti-Discrimination Policy
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
RetailView all jobs at Elevate Energy
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?