Millwright Journeyman Needed!!! Please call our office if interested. Elevate Workforce 251-662-1118!!! Job located here in Mobile, AL.
The purpose of the Millwright is to install and re-position new and present equipment.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Performs precision alignment on new or existing machinery.
- Test run machines and equipment while diagnosing or making repairs and prior to releasing for production.
- Perform carpentry and rigging duties as required.
- Perform welding, brazing, burning and heating as required.
- Move material and equipment to and from work area by use of any transportable means.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, repair manuals, bills of material and written or verbal instructions from salaried personnel or employee being assisted.
- Detect and report faulty operation and defective materials.
- Keep work areas, machinery and equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain and sign necessary records as required.
- Experience commensurable to qualify as a journeyman Millwright, with experience commonly obtained after five years of actual field work in the trade, which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to effectively take instruction from management and supervision
- Recognize safety hazards and have working knowledge of proper safety procedures required
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Troubleshooting Schedule work to conform with the job progress and keep daily logs on job progress.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb and maintain balance on high ladders and scaffolds.
- Stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- 2 to 3 weeks
Typical start time:
Typical end time: