Technical Project Manager (Facilities, Construction, Infrastructure)
Elentic Technology Solutions Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Calling all experienced Technical Project Managers (Department of Veterans Affairs, VHA, and healthcare experience preferred)
Note - this is a remote position
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM) as a VISN Project Manager. Support project management across multiple projects across the VISN.
Lead, track, report on construction projects across the VA regions (aka VISN) (can include multiple VAMCs, CBOC, Vet Center and other off-site facilities). Based on building gap findings, support timeline development, and acquisition and procurement, including, solicitation offers, negotiation, award, oversight, modifications, and closeout of contracts that are entered on behalf of the government for their organizations. Work with Schedulers, Construction Engineers/PM, OIT, OEHRM to ensure risk to scope, cost and schedules are mitigated. Collaborate with VISN and Site level managers; report on design and construction contract status, site assessment, funding for non-recurring maintenance projects, cost estimates, resources required. Articulate best practices as it relates to cost and schedule, and support senior leadership presentations, data calls and interagency collaboration.
Experience with Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) legacy EHR Vista, the commercial software - Cerner Millennium, or Department of Defense (DOD) EHR - DHMSM - MHS Genesis is considered a plus!
Elentic prides itself on being a risk-focused company and as such, key success criteria are being able to identify and mitigate risks. We believe that this is best accomplished through transparent and open and honest communication. Therefore, a successful candidate will be a strong team player and able to communicate effectively across a multidisciplinary team (e.g. electronic health care SMEs, IT operation engineering SMEs, and business/project analysts).
This position requires risk management, budget support, meeting facilitation, and resource coordination. It interfaces with business, system owners, development teams, agencies, and joint efforts. A successful candidate will be able to manage project actions (e.g., Cost, Schedule, and Risk), support Microsoft (MS) SharePoint and other Knowledge Management tools, and provide executive-level project status reporting, including MS PowerPoint and dashboarding. In other words assisting the lead Project Managers in the management of multiple projects, coordinating efforts across organization pillars and work efforts.
- Project Management experience related to building construction, installation of IT equipment and infrastructure, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to work as part of a larger project management team and provide meaningful individual impact. Project Management experience should include working closely with teams of schedulers, engineers, contractors, IT subject matter experts, client leadership from multiple organizations.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at varying stages of progress and spread across multiple geographies.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; requires experience developing written and oral reports, executive briefings, technical documents, standard operating procedures, statements of work, integrated project management (IPM) plans, work breakdown structure (WBS), and similar.
- Ability to work under pressure, responsive to client requests, schedule oriented, detail oriented, and flexible to meet ever-changing needs of critical projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific and/or technical discipline.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- At least 10 years experience working within the Project Management discipline including significant experience managing Information Technology related projects
- Well versed in lifecycle and project management methodologies (e.g. software development lifecycle, Agile Scrum, SAFe, and PMP)
- Familiar with Software and Application Integration Concepts
- Able to tracking costs, schedule, critical path management, performance progress, and identify and mitigate risks
- Able to work within multiple SDLC methodologies: Agile and Waterfall (Scrum and PMP)
- Proficient in common office software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- A strong, assertive communicator who can build and maintain positive working relationships within the project team
- Experience with the Department of Veteran's Affairs, VHA, Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with Vista EHR, Cerner Millennium, or DOD EHR - DHMSM - MHS Genesis
- Experience working within the federal government
- Experience working within Healthcare field (EHR, EMR)
- Experience performing Risk Management
- Project Management with special consideration to Health Integration projects preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- ScrumMaster (CSM), Scrum Coach, and/or prior assistance with agile transformations
- Experience with data management, data quality, data security, and data migration projects
- Experience in related disciplines
- network engineering, various healthcare EHR / EMR, biomedical devices, systems architecture, information security, and disaster recovery
- managing IT service and support organizations
- Experience with ServiceNow
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience working within Healthcare field
Elentic provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Elentic will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education, and experience. Elentic does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Elentic complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Architect, plan, manage and implement transformational or critical technology projects
Align organizational priorities with architectural, application, and data strategy
Mature business continuity and operational resiliency capabilities
Protect established service level agreements with rigorous testing (functional and non-functional)
Efficiently conduct impact-free implementation events with comprehensive risk mitigation, communication, vendor
partnering and waved implementation events (i.e. comprehensive go-live command center driven events)
Ensure compliance with corporate and government standards and policies
Elentic Technology SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Our mission is to increase diversity and excellence by providing career advancement through proactive training and mentoring!
Elentic is a consultancy with a team of healthcare, data experts, cybersecurity, certified project managers, technical architects, and software engineers that specialize in transformational change. Architect, plan, manage and implement transformational or critical technology projects Align organizational priorities with architectural, application, and data strategy Mature business continuity and operational resiliency capabilities Protect established service level agreements with rigorous testing (functional and non-functional) Efficiently conduct impact-free implementation events with comprehensive risk mitigation, communication, vendor partnering and waved implementation events (i.e. comprehensive go-live command center driven events) Ensure compliance with corporate and government standards and policies
AddressSaint Louis, MO