We're still hiring! - Note - this is an on-site position near the White House. Near term telework due to COVID-19 but on-site afterward.
Key Skills: Healthcare, Go-live planning, and Risk mitigation
A successful candidate will have experience implementing Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems and have expierence with Cerner software and/or the legacy Deparment of Veteran Affair's (VA) system, VISTA. They will have assisted the delivery of complex Information Technology related projects, be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies, and have experience in communicating with a diverse set of stakeholders.
The position will support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) Program as a Deployment Manager providing technical program support to manage the pre-deployment and deployment activities relating to the transition of VA’s clinical programs into their enterprise states as defined by EHRM. The candidate will support the identification of program and operational risks, identify mitigation strategies and maintain appropriate technical documentation. Review interface design relative to Cerner capabilities to identify missing requirements and/or other gaps. Review Cerner provided deployment plan(s) and schedules for potential gaps, agreement with program requirements and timing as well as provide active management of identified issues and appropriate linked risks. The candidate will develop communication strategies and where applicable, lead/facilitate cutover activities.
Elentic prides itself on being a risk-focused company and as such key success criteria are being able to identify and mitigate risks. We believe that this is best accomplished through transparent and open and honest communication. Therefore, a successful candidate will be a strong team player and able to communicate information (i.e. risks and issues, and understand impact) across a multidisciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing large and complex application deployment and transition projects in a healthcare environment
- Strong communications and project management skills with a proven track record of being able to “bridge-the-gap” between technical and clinical/operational groups
- Experience reviewing program requirements, schedules and dependencies and identifying gaps, management challenges and relevant risks
- Ability to create strategies, plans, and presentations for Cerner Millennium cutover at sites, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
- Able to engage, coordinate, and communicate with multiple stakeholders ranging from senior executives to site personnel related to cutover and sustainment
- Able to support OEHRM interface design/build/test activities to include
- Review of software documentation and release artifacts to ensure it meets requirements
- Review and operational documentation
- Conduct Quality Reviews and Quality Analyses
- Liaison with Test & Evaluation Team for Validation and Verification of Testing and traceability back to Interface design
- Cost conscience addressing goals
Able to logically define milestones, deliverables, and collaborate with project managers on dependencies, resources, and timelines.
- Able to identify project risk and mitigation strategies, solutions and plans.
- Able to understand, assess and assure quality standards for projects are met.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Understanding of various clinical systems’ data sources and data types as well as the types of messages they exchange, and interfaces used
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent discipline
- A strong, assertive communicator who can build and maintain positive working relationships within the project team
- Experience working within the federal government (DoD or VA)
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Experience in current VA, DoD and/or Cerner clinical technology solutions preferred
- Experience with Cerner Millennium and related application packages as well as the associated challenges and risks related/encountered in their deployment preferred
Elentic provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Elentic will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education, and experience. Elentic does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Elentic complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
• Architect, plan, manage and implement transformational or critical technology projects
• Align effort with organizational priorities and architectural, application, and data strategy
• Protect established service level agreements by testing functional and non-functional requirements
• Efficiently conduct low-impact implementation events through proper risk mitigation, communication, vendor
partnering and waved implementation events (i.e. comprehensive go-live command center driven events)
• Ensure compliance with corporate and government standards and policies
Elentic Technology Solutions
Why Work Here?Elentic is a consultancy with a team of Healthcare and PMI certified project managers and technical architects that specialize in transformational change. • Architect, plan, manage and implement transformational or critical technology projects • Align effort with organizational priorities and architectural, application, and data strategy • Protect established service level agreements by testing functional and non-functional requirements • Efficiently conduct low-impact implementation events through proper risk mitigation, communication, vendor partnering and waved implementation events (i.e. comprehensive go-live command center driven events) • Ensure compliance with corporate and government standards and policies
Our mission is to increase diversity and excellence by providing career advancement through proactive training and mentoring!