The Primary Therapist provides individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention services, psychoeducation presentations and experiential learning groups for clients and their families.
- Provides clinical services including individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention services, primary process groups, psychoeducation presentations and experiential learning groups for clients and families.
- Provides oversight of residential facilities.
- Provides clinical consultation for clients and their families, and referents upon request.
- Provides psychosocial assessments, treatment plans and clinical discharge summaries.
- Works closely with clinical case manager and family therapist to provide comprehensive client care.
- Master's or Ph.D. in counseling, social work, psychology or other counseling-related field required.
- LPC, LCSW or LMFT and clinical qualifications or intern status licensure required.
- Three (3) years' experience in social work or related field.
- Experience working with addictions and/or mental health.
- Experience using a variety of interventions including DBT, CBT, Family Systems,
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, mental illness and related issues.
- Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies and outcomes of models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention and continuing care for dually diagnosed populations.
- Understanding of diagnostic criteria for dual conditions and the ability to conceptualize modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultures and gender-specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Expressive or training in Therapies preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.