Research Assistant (Intern Position)
Elemental Enzymes Saint Louis, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
The Laboratory Assistant will join a multidisciplinary team that is focused on using molecular biology and microbiology techniques to develop and produce biological and chemical products that benefit agriculturally relevant plants and improve crop yield. Applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a closely related major. Students who have completed at least their sophomore year are preferred.
Position Duration: We are asking that this person would give at least a semester-long commitment.
Hours: This position requires 20 hours per week in the lab with flexible scheduling.
- Plan and implement experiments alongside scientific staff, organize data, record, and communicate results.
- Provide services to research scientists and technicians, such as sample prep.
- Eager to gain experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Learn and practice basic lab safety procedures.
- Complete designated Laboratory Assistant tasks: cleaning and sterilizing glassware; stocking consumables; helping to maintain lab cleanliness and safety; preparing microbiological media and lab reagents; and organizational tasks, such as inventory.
- Additional responsibilities may be added at the discretion of management.
- Enrollment in a biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related degree program.
- Understanding of basic biology concepts and methods.
- Understanding of general chemistry concepts and methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven ability to budget time and manage day-to-day research project work, laboratory duties, and other assigned tasks.
- Experience in a non-classroom laboratory setting and knowledge of common wet lab equipment (e.g. autoclave, pipettes, centrifuge, spectrophotometer) is preferred, but not required.
- Eagerness to develop, learn, and adopt new methods.
- Must be able to life, crouch, stand, kneel, and work for extended periods of time. This position requires full-mobility of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Those with this position must be able to work in Biosafety Level 1 and 2 Laboratories which can cause more illnesses to those with immunocompromised systems.
Job Location: Headquarters, St. Louis, MO, United States
Position Type: Part-Time/Regular/ Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Salary: Competitive wages
About Elemental Enzymes
Elemental Enzymes Ag and Turf, is a life sciences company that discovers, develops and produces innovative products to increase crop yields. Elemental Enzymes was founded in 2011 on technology to make and stabilize novel enzymes and has grown to address the agriculture market with enzyme and chemical technologies that have an “outside in” approach to address crop needs. Elemental Enzymes is delivering world class products to top agricultural companies through license and sales opportunities. Elemental Enzymes is looking for energetic, challenge driven staff to continue support of current products and lead its’ innovative pipeline to market.
Please fill out the application and submit a cover letter and CV/Resume. References required upon request.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
EducationView all jobs at Elemental Enzymes