- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing and servicing an assigned book of personal lines business, by analyzing customers’ individual needs, evaluating options, and offering tailored insurance solutions. The Account Manager is responsible to build and sustain relationships with existing customers and to promote the agency. The primary line of business is personal lines in Property and Casualty.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
At all times, the Account Manager shall:
· Market, service and promote the Agency’s products and services to develop and retain customers.
· Service/Manage a designated group of customers, including: analyzing the needs of the customers, evaluating and answering questions regarding coverage, and determining the most suitable product for the customer.
· Actively manage accounts prior to renewal to identify concerns, external competition, exposure changes and additional coverage needs.
· Assist existing policyholders through the renewal process with strong communication and market knowledge. Educate customers on policy/product features, advantages and disadvantages. Remarket accounts as necessary.
· Independently develop and maintain strong knowledge of the marketplace and strong working relationships with company representatives, and underwriters when applicable. If no coverage is available in the admitted market, investigate risk placement alternatives, if available.
· Prepare submissions, and discuss pricing, policy conditions, and terms with selected carriers. Review all quotations with recommendations as to the best options for price, coverage and risk alternatives. Manage quotes, proposals to customers, and bind coverage with insurance carriers within agency authority.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Collaborate with producer and supervisor to provide feedback on customer and/or market conditions.
· Handle telephone calls and personal visits from customers pertaining to their individual risks and coverage requirements, claims, new business, remarkets and additional lines of coverage.
· For all managed accounts, ensure that all renewals and all requests for changes, endorsements, etc. are properly implemented and comport with the various company requirements.
· Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Performs duties independently with little or no supervision, operating from established directions and instructions. Decisions are made within general agency constraints and insurance laws, and require independent decision-making.
· The position involves daily contacts with customers and carriers, which encompasses information exchange, problem solving, quoting, and/or negotiations, significant contact with customers to collect information on any changes to the customer’s characteristics and to analyze the customer’s continued exposure and tolerance to risk, as well as review coverage options and risk management/prevention strategies.
· Thorough technical knowledge of personal lines insurance, including an understanding of personal lines insurance forms and risk alternatives. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is preferred.
Experience: Insurance experience a plus.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed Property & Casualty insurance producer.
Continuing Education/Training: as required by applicable statutes and regulations.
OTHER RELEVANT REMARKS:
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This position description is not intended as and does not create a contract of employment between the Agency and any individual employee. The Agency reserves the right to change this position description at any time within its sole discretion.
Get fresh Senior Accounting Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.