Quality Control Manager - Commercial Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently seeking a QC manager to join our team! The QC Manager is responsible for implementing, administering and maintaining the Quality Control Program and ensuring projects are constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, local codes, and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The position may also provide project administration and support to Project Managers and direct quality control inspectors.
- Develops and drafts project specific Quality Control Plans.
- Performs periodic inspections of construction sites including reviewing daily field logs and reports of inspections, project progress reports, safety logs, meeting notes with subcontractors and clients and detailed notes and descriptions as-built field changes and RFI’s.
- Operates project management software to interface with submittal of daily QC reports, weekly CPR’s and other documentation required for monthly progress payment applications.
- Ensures Client and mandated documentation is properly completed and, submitted to appropriate reporting authority.
- Coordinates with Government project management personnel and subcontractors to ensure proper QC procedures and documentation are performed and maintained.
- Able to develop material submittals, and review submittals for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures a high-level of internal and external customer service. Investigates and corrects customer issues and complaints related to quality.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in inspection activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and contract specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished construction projects.
- Provides technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key project personnel.
- Applies industry standard total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interacts with contractors and vendors to ensure quality of products and services provided.
- Designs, develops and implements quality control training programs.
- Maintains a sense of urgency.
- Stays abreast of changes in the industry and shares innovation with other departments and divisions.
- Professionally interacts with colleagues, members of the public, clients, and business associates.
- Understands own abilities and limitations and seeks professional guidance when necessary.
- Complies with all company policies and applicable laws.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience is required. Ten years’ experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Completed or have the ability to complete OSHA 30-hour safety course within 90 days of employment.
- Analytical Skills: must be skilled at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects and be capable of defining roles and responsibilities
- Decision Making: must be able to make frequent decisions, such as choosing subcontractors, systems, schedules, and more
- Communication: writing and speaking skills are needed when communicating with employees, writing reports, working with subcontractors and presenting conclusions to project managers and clients
- Technical Skills: must understand construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, project administration, LEED certifications and a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
- Computer Skills: must understand and be able to work with MS Office, MS Projects, Viewpoint, AutoCAD Reader, and other miscellaneous software that may be contractually required
- Time-Management Skills: deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure processes and procedures are completed timely and do not impact the timely completion of the project is a critical part of the job
Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
Element Professionals, LLC.
Element Professionals LLC.
A national search firm, specializes in the recruitment and placement of highly qualified Construction, Energy, Information Technology (IT), Accounting, Finance, Human Resource and other office professional personnel on a direct placement or retained executive search basis. ______________________________________________________________________________ Element Professionals, LLC.
AddressNewport News, VA