Project Controls Specialist III (Cost Analyst)
- $100,000 to $115,000 Yearly
Element Consulting Inc., is looking for a Project Controls Specialist to join our team at LACCD. Ideal candidate will have a good attitude with experience in school construction, large bond programs, budget, cost, and schedule.
- Monitor the overall integrity of the project budget and forecast in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
- Provide quality assurance to College functional staff regarding all financial tracking and cost performance
- Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential budget impacts
- Review, analysis and oversight of monthly cost reports and monthly progress reports
- Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget/timetable
- Review financial section of the Proposed Board Actions for accuracy
- Review invoices for compliance and proper coding in accordance with encumbrances
- Review task order requests, change orders and amendments to ensure budget availability, accurate cost coding and reporting
- Interact with various technical discipline leads to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that may impact the budget
- Ensure implementation of BuildLACCD policies, procedures and plans regarding cost management of capital projects with multiple funding sources
- Provide interface support and respond to all College requests for all financial information
- Serve as central receiving point for all financial matters for assigned College(s)
- Travel to offsite project locations as required
- Other job related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 - 10 years experience professional experience in program and/or project controls on a construction program.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Experience working through the entire project life cycle
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of cost/schedule management, earned value management, change management, forecasting, and risk assessment
- Ability to present data to management in an organized manner
- Exceptional communication skills required
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to perform in a business environment, maintaining professionalism in all communications and demeanor
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel Skills, Proliance, Data-Warehouse or other systems used by a large capital program, and any educational facility experience.
Salary dependent on education and experience. Salary range: $100K-$115K
Why Choose Element Consulting?
Element Consulting is a construction management company dedicated to providing clients with responsible and innovative solutions to their project needs, from inception to completion. Based out of El Segundo, CA, the firm offers program, project, and construction management services. We invite you to join us in 'Bringing the Right Elements Together for Our Clients' Success.'
Element ConsultingMonterey Park, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.