Elegant Themes San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Staff Writer for Elegant Themes your main responsibilities will be writing design related articles for our blog and creating the visual assets to go along with them. You will also work on special writing, design, and video projects such as helping to update the design assets for the whole content team, participating in design related livestreams, or one-off tasks/projects related to design and/or special marketing campaigns.
Currently the Elegant Themes Blog is one of the most popular blogs about WordPress in the world. It is the most popular blog about Divi in the world and we’d like to make it one of the premiere destinations for web design in the world too.
We average over 1.5 million monthly blog visitors and our email subscriber count is over 300,000. We maintain high momentum in terms of content creation and publication, which in turn tends to fuel rapid growth for all our content channels.
Currently our primary content channels / community outposts are as follows: YouTube Channel (100k+ subscribers), Facebook Page (137k+), Facebook Group (46k+), and Meetup Network (5.5k+). All of which require skilled writing and well designed assets to maintain and grow.
As a company our closest held core value is Elegance. It's in our name, we strive for it in our products, and we want our content to embody it as well. To us, this means written copy that is clear and concise–yet also friendly and enjoyable to read.
When it comes to the vast majority of our content, we're creating tutorials that solve technical or creative problems at the intersection of WordPress and Web Design. So the ideal candidate for this position is someone who is not only capable of solving those problems, but of doing so in an elegant way.
This is a full-time remote position. Employment includes full benefits, paid vacation, a competitive salary, and participation in our annual company retreat.
- Writing articles for our blog on Design Principles, Web Design, and Divi specific topics.
- Special writing, design & video projects, such as:
- Asset design for our content channels
- Design livestreams on Facebook and YouTube
- One-off design and content related tasks for special marketing campaigns
Required Experience / Traits:
- A passion for the written word and clear communication.
- Ability to understand and adjust to editorial notes.
- You must be driven to hit deadlines.
- Ability to research and solve the WordPress, Web Design, and Divi related problems our community encounters. And then to communicate those findings in easy to understand articles and video scripts.
- Ability to function within a small distributed team and startup atmosphere.
- A desire to stay up to date with the latest and upcoming trends in graphic design
- Excellent written communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced WordPress User
- Knowledgeable of Divi
- Intermediate to Advanced Creative Software User (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.)
- 3-5 Years Web Design Experience
- Coding Experience
- Proficient with Google Drive, Dropbox, Asana, and Slack
- Proficient knowledge of layout, typography, color theory, and imagery specifically on the web
- A keen eye for representing complex ideas with simple visual graphics.
- Audio/Video Recording and Editing Experience
Powered by JazzHR