Business Development Executive– Defense
The Business Development Executive – Defense (BDE-D) contributes to Electrosoft’s business development strategy formulation and drives execution to achieve growth targets through pursuit and successful capture of large, multi-year federal contracts in the Defense sector. The BDE-D position works primarily out of the Electrosoft Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, and reports to the Electrosoft President.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The BDE-D is responsible for business development and new revenue acquisition activities including opportunity identification, qualification and capture; opportunity pipeline management; meetings with key customers/prospects; solution development and presentation; strategic teaming/partnerships; and participation in proposal activities with a focus on articulation of customer understanding and win themes, and price to win.
- As a member of the Electrosoft Business Development team, the BDE-D: Participates in Electrosoft growth strategy meetings to identify key customer markets and revenue targets for each year.
- Maintains a pipeline of defense opportunities in the corporate pipeline tool (Salesforce) and keeps the information updated on a weekly basis. Participates in weekly Business Development pipeline review meetings.
- Follows the Electrosoft Business Development Lifecycle and Capture Processes to lead Gate Reviews to move opportunities through the pipeline.
- Focuses on identification and capture of large, multi-year opportunities with the goal of bidding at least 3 large opportunities per year. Large opportunities are defined as those that have the potential to significantly grow the company. Typically, they are of $50M plus with a goal to bid full & open when available.
- Performs capture and teaming activities for owned pipeline opportunities – meets with customer program and acquisition teams to understand the underlying requirements and pain points; identifies and engages with partner companies to establish teaming arrangements that can improve Electrosoft’s win probability for the opportunity
- Leads Win Strategy Labs for key opportunities to craft the strategy for these bids; leads solution and strategy development for bids; develops win themes.
- Develops and executes on effective teaming strategies to bring together the right capabilities and customer understanding through partners.
- Contributes to proposal development activities focusing on articulation of customer understanding, win themes and the overarching solution for the requirement. Supports proposal review efforts for opportunities led by other Business Development leaders.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience serving in a capture and/or business development role in organizations that provide IT and/or cybersecurity services for Federal Defense customers
- Experience following mature business development and pipeline processes with gate reviews
- Experience using available tools and services (such as GovWin, FPDS, USASpending.gov, LinkedIn, etc.) to gather information on opportunities, customers and incumbents
- Critical thinking, analysis and planning capabilities to develop capture plans and win strategies for bids
- Proven ability to develop and deliver corporate capability briefings and solution presentations to senior Government prospects
- Ability to handle track and capture multiple opportunities and the discipline to follow-though on actions and commitments
- Proven experience building subcontract teams including small. mid-size and large companies as appropriate with a focus on achieving the highest win probability
- Base of contacts and connections within the Federal defense sector (Army, DISA preferred)
- Experience supporting proposal development processes (such as pink and red team phases) to ensure that win themes, differentiators, key features and benefits are developed and appropriately articulated
- Proof of business wins in the Defense sector over the past 5 years
- The compensation for this position comprises the following: Base Salary plus Incentive bonus based on the Electrosoft Business Development Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Current ITES experience a plus
Required Education & Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree – Preferred or at least 5 years of BD experience in IT services federal market
Electrosoft Services, Inc. is a privately held, Information Technology (IT) professional services company with a special focus on cybersecurity. We have been serving Federal government since 2001. We are an 8(a) and EDWOSB firm with ISO 9001 and CMMI Level 3 certifications.
Individuals seeking employment at Electrosoft Services are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Electrosoft is an 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and an 8(m) certified Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We implement a Quality Management System (QMS) that is ISO 9001:2008 registered and CMMI Level 3 rated for both Services (SVC) and Development (DEV).
ElectrosoftElectrosoft delivers a diversified set of technology-based solutions and services with a strong focus on cybersecurity. Fueling the success of our Government and commercial customers since 2001 through outstanding value and trust, we couple our domain knowledge and experience with proven, mature, management practices to deliver the right solutions on time and within budget. What distinguishes us from our peers is our deep culture of customer-service, professionalism, accountability, excellence and innovation delivered on the bedrock of uncompromising integrity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Electrosoft is an 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and an 8(m) certified Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We implement a Quality Management System (QMS) that is ISO 9001:2008 registered and CMMI Level 3 rated for both Services (SVC) and Development (DEV).