$18.00/hr and a 4 month assignment that will end in January 2020.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) assists customers with new-account enrollments, payments, inquiries, and toll bill-related questions over the phone. Additional responsibilities also include assisting with other special projects.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
- Answers incoming calls and makes any necessary follow up outbound calls.
- Knowledgeable in the processing of transactions in the system; receives, processes, and deposits payments; updates accounts as to their status; and opens new accounts.
- Takes credit card payments over the phone for the Good To Go! accounts, noticed transactions, and new accounts.
- Researches and resolves customer issues.
- Processes and fills out multiple types of electronic forms.
- Performs data entry.
- Documents phone calls and actions in the database.
- Receives and processes account update requests from inbound phone calls.
- Troubleshoots situations accurately, quickly and efficiently for customers on the phone.
- Helps other departments with their tasks when inbound call volume is low.
- Maintains an above average attendance record.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Completes daily task in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities the person needs to do the job)
- Typing minimum of 20 wpm
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Ability to learn and operate a proprietary software program
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for assigned shifts.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity standards established
Work Environment (outside, indoors, noise level, lighting or other work conditions)
- Office cubicle environment with low to moderate noise
Physical Demands (like bending, sitting, kneeling, lifting, driving etc.)
- Ability to sit for up to 4 hours at a time
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 1 year of customer service experience in either Call Center or Retail environment
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior high call volume transaction based customer service experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Electronic Transaction Consultants provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, promotions, and transfers without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.