We are looking for a mechanical assembler in Houston, TX, but accepting all applicant within a reasonable commute.
Electronic Power Design, Inc.
For more than 30 years, EPD has served as a pioneer of electrical power systems, leveraging innovation and expertise to deliver solutions that exceed expectations. At EPD, we design, build, and install power solutions that manage complexities of modern grids. Smart and efficient, our systems create a unique environment in which a variety of energy, storage, distribution, conversion, inversion, and transformation solutions work together – efficiently, perfectly, dependably.
We consider our people our greatest assets, and we are fortunate to employ a diverse array of leaders and thinkers, who have demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions for clients around the world. Experienced and insightful, our employees are among the most talented professionals in the power industry, and collectively are known for their commitment to meeting challenges, solving problems, and delivering solutions that surpass client expectations.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for manufacturing assemblies and sub-assemblies according to established production quality standards and engineering specification. The ideal candidate must have a high mechanical aptitude and be familiar with a wide array of electrical / mechanical components and hardware.
The Mechanical Assembler must observe all company policies, procedures, hourly working rules, and environmental health & safety rules. All assigned work activities must be carried out to the highest level of expected production quality. The Mechanical Assembler must closely work with supervisors and leads to ensure projects are produced within specification and on time. The ideal candidate must be willing to work within a team environment and accept guidance and instruction from other team members.
- Accurately assemble electrical and mechanical assemblies according to engineering specifications or drawings
- Verify issued part numbers match engineering specifications
- Work closely with supervisors and leads to ensure Jobs are completed accurately and within a timely manner
- Effectively and accurately communicate any safety, quality or manufacturing issues to a supervisor in a timely manner
- Enter Job production details within the company’s computer database
- Maintain production area integrity, cleanliness, and organization according to established standards
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Basic computer navigation skills
- Ability to accurately & completely fill out necessary paperwork according to established standards
- Ability to understand instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format
- Ability to pay close attention to detail & perform daily job duties accurately
- Ability to read both metric and standard tape measures
- Ability to use basic hand tools, power tools and torque wrenches
- Ability to perform basic math in various units of measure using fractions, decimals, and or whole units
- Ability to verify engineering paperwork to ensure the correct paperwork is being used
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and produce a quality product
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
EPD offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, short & long term disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and more. We focus on internal employee development and offer career advancement opportunities. We promote from within whenever possible.