Sales Director - National CPG (Remote - Chicago area preferred)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
The Sales Director – National CPG will be responsible for penetrating CPG brand marketing teams and driving budget shift towards the deployment of Vestcom Media Solutions (VMS) products and services. This individual will be a results-oriented sales executive with a proven track record of driving profitable top line revenue growth through consultative, top-to-top selling into large, complex retailers, CPG’s and media agencies, with 10+ years of recent experience in the CPG industry. This individual will have the diverse skill set of being able to engage brand marketing clients at the C-suite or executive level, but also be comfortable selling at the ground level. The ideal candidate would bring an expertise in brand marketing, knowledge about their Merchandising, and Operations strategies and processes. This role requires strategic vision, creativity, initiative, analytical skills, and the ability to sell and negotiate a differentiated in-store media solution. Success will require the deployment of innovative business strategies that result in closing key opportunities at assigned CPG accounts, with focus on revenue growth and client expansion.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the formulation and execution of sales strategies & plans across CPG clients
- Penetrate and develop high level customer relationships with senior leadership across assigned territory
- Call on various functional groups (Brand, Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing, etc.) at clients to secure support for Vestcom Media Solutions.
- Leverage existing Vestcom relationships to reach higher within CPG organizations
- Ability to confidently deliver the Vestcom shelf edge value proposition and be able to influence clients through a strong working knowledge of our solutions, products and services
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to understand key CPG measurement criteria on both topline and bottom-line metrics
- Possess exceptional listening skills and ability to apply creative problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable with carrying individual quota in excess of $2MM
- Own prospecting approaches and develop presentations and proposals that position VMS as a winning national media value proposition
- Manage Sales pipeline and deliver consistent close rates to achieve Sales goals
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting utilizing existing CRM tool
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team
- Ability to understand market dynamics, as well as evangelize and execute next gen solutions from Vestcom
- Represents VMS at tradeshows and marketing events as needed
- Work cross functionally with other members of the Vestcom Executive, Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, Finance, Solutions and Shopper teams to support the sales process
► Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required. Master’s degree a plus
- At least 10+ years sales experience with Retail/CPG focus in marketing/sales organizations is required
- Experience working for either a leading CPG or large marketing services solution provider is required
- Knowledge of Brand, Retail, Shopper Marketing and Media landscape
- Must have a record for achieving top-line revenue, and bottom-line targets
- Experience in consultative data driven selling
- Experience successfully developing and deploying sales and go to market strategy
- Exceptional skills including negotiation, conflict management, account management, account penetration, strategic selling, category management, sales forecasting, and leading-edge sales strategies
- Self-starter with the ability to manage up and down - Hunter first mentality and team mentor
- Superior analytical and oral, interpersonal, & written communication skills
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values
► Additional Requirements
- This is a full-time role. Can work from home, but also may be required to work out of nearby Vestcom Sales offices, as well as client locations around the country.
- Travel to other geographies and locations may be required up to 50% of time.
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Electronic Imaging Serv
AddressLittle Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Electronic Imaging Serv