The Safety Specialist will work to ensure all employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs; as well as develop positive professional relationships while working closely with all levels of management and outside agencies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain the Safety Program initiatives
- Assist in the development and acceptance of job hazard analysis (JHA), Site Safety Work Plans, Public Hazard Analysis, and Environmental Management Plans
- Engages in Site safety inspections, coordinating corrections with all contractors
- Continually establish safety/environmental goals for the company
- Work with Operations and HR to create, revise, automate, monitor & administrate safety policies and procedures
- Continue to reduce and minimize accidents, injuries and illnesses through communication, training and implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensure ongoing Company Wide State, Federal, Local and Customer compliance with regard to internal policies and procedures, HAZMAT, hazardous waste, and all aspects of Safety
- Develop, implement and monitor recycling programs and process for all environmental issues
- Develop reporting and tracking documentation for State and Federal and customer compliance requirements
- Leads Safety Committee/Task Force
- Maintaining good record keeping (OSHA 310 Form) in regard to accidents and injuries, and other related OSHA reports
- Maintain environmental license and permit (employees, clients, subcontractors, government) in all offices
- Identify and submit safety/environmental training and material requirements routinely to Management
- When required, administer safety and environmental training to all employees or establish list of S/E training subcontractors
- Identify and eliminate any unsafe workplace conditions and recognized hazards, and ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and all other legal requirements
- Keep well informed on new regulations (OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DOT) and develop initial recommendations for their implementation
- Provide new employee EHS orientation
- Support employee involvement in the safety process
- Assess ergonomic issues at all facilities and work with field employees on safe lifting requirements
- Must be able to coach, train and educate field employees on electrical safety requirements for AC and DC, Arc Flash and authorized hot work permits as needed
- Lead the safety incident investigation/ root cause analysis process to ensure the quality, timeliness and communication of the process
- Review all accident reports, analyze all cases and take necessary steps to ensure that action plans that are carried out
- Ensure that all hazardous chemicals have a current SDS in the system. Coordinate with each region the updating of SDS information
- Plan, coordinate and attend weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings
- Develop safety meeting presentations for scheduled classroom training
- Bachelor degree in a Safety or related discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Safety Experience
- OSHA Authorized Instructor preferred
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiar with 3rd party EHS auditing portals, such as ISNetworld, Browz, and Avetta
- Must be able drive to work site locations and work in the field
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
EEC is an equal opportunity employer that offers an attractive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, as well as company paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Electronic Environments Co.
Why Work Here?Electronic Environments Co. LLC (EEC) is a privately owned company that offers design, build, power & cooling and preventive maintenance services to the data center and telecom markets. Our corporate headquarters is located in Marlborough, Massachusetts with regional offices located throughout the United States. EEC is an equal opportunity employer that offers an attractive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, as well as company paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Awesome company, great benefits and fantastic work environment.