The HVAC Technician will work in the Boston area and perform field service maintenance and emergency repairs on telecommunication and data center HVAC equipment. Equipment consists of Marvair and Bard wall mount units, Carrier, Trane, Goodman residential split systems, McLean outside cabinet units and outside air economizer systems. Must have knowledge of HVAC systems and able to troubleshoot and service commercial equipment.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical components of HVAC systems
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency service requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Professional communication skills.
- HVAC Trade School Degree preferred with current valid EPA certification.
- No in field experience in HVAC service and repair required with an HVAC trade school degree and valid EPA certification.
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematics, diagnostic skills on basic refrigeration and electronic control circuits utilizing latest monitoring tools and dexterity to repair field problems.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation, reporting and commentary, which accurately reflect field conditions.
- Capable of being self-managed, independent, and have positive attitude.
- Strong aptitude to learn new technologies and system controls.
- Capable of extensive daily travel to job site(s) with independent work structure.
- Willing to work nights and weekends on a rotating on call team to respond to emergency calls 24/7.
- Valid current driver's license and driving record that meets company standards required.
- Ability to obtain a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Certificate & pass a drug and alcohol screen.
- Basic computer skills required.
EEC is an equal opportunity employer that offers an attractive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, as well as company paid holidays, sick and vacation time.