Generator Technician - Immediate
Electronic Environments Co. Hartford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
As a Generator Technician you will be responsible for the scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of standby power equipment at Commercial and Telecommunication Sites. You will troubleshoot, repair and maintain engines used in standby power equipment such as electric generators and industrial machinery. Diagnose trouble, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear. Candidate must have basic knowledge of electricity.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience servicing repairing diesel and gaseous fueled equipment generator systems or related equipment (not for internships, and entry level positions)
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Ability to read an interpret wiring diagrams
- Flexibility to work in a 7/24 environment
- Ability to respond to emergency calls as required
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Clean driver's record
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working in data centers and telecommunications environments is a plus but not required
- Experience in the industrial, commercial and telecommunications industry a plus.
Other related Duties:
- Maintain spare parts inventory on truck, company supplied
- Complete all paperwork in timely manner
- Report any service problems to supervisor immediately
- Keep service vehicle clean and neat
- Conduct maintenance, troubleshooting and startup of new equipment
- Perform load banking and repair of standby power generators and automatic transfer switches at Data Centers
- Conduct troubleshooting, repair, and maintain diesel and gas powered engines, electric generator ends, electronics and controls.
EEC is an equal opportunity employer that offers an attractive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, as well as company paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Electronic Environments Co.Why Work Here?
Awesome company, great benefits and fantastic work environment.
Electronic Environments Co. LLC (EEC) is a privately owned company that offers design, build, power & cooling and preventive maintenance services to the data center and telecom markets. Our corporate headquarters is located in Marlborough, Massachusetts with regional offices located throughout the United States. EEC is an equal opportunity employer that offers an attractive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, as well as company paid holidays, sick and vacation time.