Requisition Number 155469
Sacramento, CA US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we’re searching for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the #1 mobile gaming company. Our teams are building on the success of titles such as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, FIFA Mobile, Madden Mobile, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, the Sims, and The Simpsons: Tapped Out.
A part of the EA family of studios, Capital Games is a tight-knit, creative, and passionate group of game makers in the heart of midtown Sacramento. Here we craft chart-topping and highly rated mobile RPG and Strategy experiences such as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and Heroes of Dragon Age.
Capital Games is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our team.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the Acquisition, Engagement, and Monetization (AEM) strategies for our mobile titles. You must be passionate about representing the voice and needs of our players, working closely with your team to drive best-practice strategies related to the development and fine-tuning of the game economy.
Senior Product Managers are expected to interface directly with other PMs, Analysts, Developers, and external stakeholders to further the success of our games. This is a data/metrics focused role, driving the effort behind AEM targets for new and/or existing titles coming out of Capital Games.
- Define, design and manage key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs
- Work closely with the game team and various stakeholders to gather requirements and define the product roadmap
- Get the team to rally behind your ideas and influence change among various partners and collaborators
- Design, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies
- Track performance on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Communicate KPIs to internal and external stakeholders and adjust designs/plans accordingly
- Define requirements for Data Analytics, A/B testing, push notifications and other partner tools
- Become an expert on established and new models for monetizing games
- Monitor competitive trends and best practices, third parties tools/partnerships, and internal business intelligence
- Leverage first and third-party tools to define, track, and best serve player segments
- Learn, have fun and build games that millions of people love to play
Required Skills/Personal Requirements
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision making
- Success building web or mobile consumer-facing products in the past
- Delivered at least one product through the entire product development cycle
- Experience with multivariate testing in web or mobile products
- Experience defining specs or PRDs with clear technical requirements, user flows, and wireframes
- Strong in Excel, able to create models and simulators for in-game economies
- Experience creating and balancing virtual economies, with an eye to technical and user experience best practices
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to diverse groups
- Passion for creating great freemium games, with the ability to identify flaws in design, art, and “feel”
- Strong understanding of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Economies, character ability kits, features, squad synergies, the meta, etc.
- Core loop and the downstream impact of new content and features
- Community channels and how this segment of active players discusses the game
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- Open to feedback and thinks outside of the box
- Loves games
- BS/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline; MS/MBA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in product management in consumer web, system design background and/or experience in a top-ranked management consulting firm
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.