Requisition Number 156493
Redwood City, CA US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
I. Basic Function
Finance plays a pivotal role managing the company’s financial performance. The Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for driving and enabling the company to achieve its strategic and business goals through effective and efficient planning, analysis, decision support and performance management.
This position is for a passionate systems senior analyst to support the design, build and maintenance of financial systems that are used across the finance organization. In addition, the position provides exposure to supporting recurring activities, such as quarterly Earnings and Board of Director reporting.
II. Responsibilities and Duties
- Financial Systems
- Lead efforts in driving system enhancement and issue resolution for our financial reporting systems from ideation through implementation and stabilization.
- Act as SME for Hyperion Planning and Reporting and provide consultation, training and knowledge sharing to various finance teams
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to assist strategizing the long-term roadmap of EA’s finance tech ecosystem
- Own and manage processes surrounding the facilitation of EA’s quarterly financial forecasts to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls
- Drive the data validation process, and provide sign-off on Total EA forecast scenarios lock
- Quarterly Earnings
- Assist in preparation of various reporting constructs to support the quarterly Earnings process
- Drive continued refinements to our recurring FP&A earnings documents and reports
- Project-manage the quality review process
- Board of Directors Reporting
- Assist in production of quarterly Board of Director reporting. Develop proposed meeting material content and messaging.
- Project-manage the preparation of the reports and coordinate the process
- Help prepare Annual Plan approval deck detailing key assumptions, growth drivers, etc., and any other adhoc report to the Board of Director
III. Technical Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related financial experience (corporate experience preferred).
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growing
- Highly motived with an ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing projects / priorities.
- Comfortable building analysis based off data from multiple sources.
- Comfortable tackling vague projects, resolving them in imaginative and practical ways.
- Extreme attention to detail with a rigorous process for review of accuracy.
- Excellent oral / written communication and interpersonal skills that enable clear and concise communication to all levels of the organization. Experience preparing analysis for senior executives strongly preferred.
- Adept in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Reporting preferred but not required
IV. Reporting Lines
- Position reports to Senior Director, Corporate FP&A also based in Redwood City, CA
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.