Requisition Number 154350
Pasadena, CA US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!.
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
As Lead Product Manager, the candidate will build out the PM discipline within the studio, forming and leading a team of PM’s and BI Analysts.
The PM Director will be responsible for defining and driving Acquisition, Engagement and Monetization (AEM) strategies for features and content in the competitive mobile space.
The candidate will have a demonstrated track record of launching and managing high profile mobile titles.
The ideal candidate is passionate about games, thinks quantitatively and rigorously, and can develop, refine, and communicate a deep understanding of the ongoing needs and expectations of our players.
- Create, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies.
- Be an oracle of knowledge for all mobile gaming trends including device and OS market share, the strengths and weakness of each monetization model, and why the latest games are succeeding or failing.
- Work with design & production to develop and manage key game features and content releases that further the overall strategic vision of the product and its business goals.
- Interface with business and technical operations to make sure that product requirements incorporate inputs from various stakeholders
- Continuously refine and communicate a clear understanding of structured and unstructured data about our game from all available sources – player behavior, community feedback, playtests, customer service, and more.
- Partner with Product Managers in Asia to drive location/market specific features and campaigns
- Heavily leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features & tactics to impact KPIs.
- Leverage Data Analytics, A/B testing, Push Notifications and other partner tools to drive KPIs.
- Understand and track the product’s business performance and player behavior, develop and communicate reports/scorecards to internal and external stakeholders, and develop plans in response to changes in KPIs.
- Gaming background is highly preferred.
- Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision-making.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting information to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Comfortable with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics.
- Strong in Excel, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies.
- Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools.
- Built or worked on at least one successful web or mobile consumer-facing product.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced AGILE development environment.
- Avid consumer of live service games – is inspired by playing them and is always thinking about how they can improve.
- BS/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience in product management, analytics, or design at a games company or consumer-facing software company.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.