Requisition Number 156247
Redwood City, CA US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Director, Global Brand Management, Maxis/The Sims
The Maxis Global Brand Management (GBM) team is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated marketing powerhouse to serve as the Director of GBM for The Sims and shape the future of a world-renowned, interactive entertainment brand that has entertained hundreds of millions of people around the globe for nearly 20 years. You will also have opportunities to manage other famous Maxis brands such as SimCity in this role and Maxis-wide initiatives such as Brand Partnerships.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Brand Management, you will have a passion to build strong brands, experience pioneering change, proven ability to drive product and marketing strategies, and enthusiasm for pop culture trends and the interactive entertainment industry. You will understand how to identify and apply consumer insights into brand and product development with emphasis on driving player engagement and satisfying player needs across the globe. As the Director, you will be comfortable juggling many different projects and adapting to a dynamic and ever-changing market, while also being able to maintain focus and drive projects to completion. And, you will be responsible for authoring successful brand and marketing strategies that deliver revenue and player growth for the franchise, one of EA’s strongest Live Services.
As the Director of GBM for Maxis, you will be a strategic and creative thinker with success influencing cross-functional teams, inspiring creative partners, building relationships across a highly matrixed org, and capable of accelerating the growth of The Sims franchise through innovative initiatives.
- Lead brand marketing via strategic partnership with Development, Publishing, and Marketing partners to drive marketing activities that deliver revenue and player growth for the franchise.
- Develop franchise objectives, drive key initiatives and establish KPIs that communicate and measure brand and franchise performance.
- Shape the definition of our consumer target and their associated needs, motivations, and insights that assist brand growth, product development and inform marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Development on defining positioning, product features, content, and experiences by advocating on behalf of marketing and players’ needs.
- Partner with Studio Leadership and Product Development on strategic, multi-year brand and product roadmaps that delight our players and deliver on the brand vision.
- Serve as lead for key global franchise and marketing/publishing partner relationships to ensure efforts are on brand and driving player engagement and business objectives.
- Support creative teams in briefing and driving creative asset development/approvals of all key art and campaign content that allows us to execute flawlessly.
Skills / Core Competencies
- Ability to strategically identify innovative marketing opportunities and author brand plans based on interpreting data and synthesizing cultural, consumer, market, and industry trends.
- Experience envisioning and articulating high-performance marketing programs, setting strong KPIs and tracking impact and ROI.
- Familiarity with creative development process. Success managing creative agencies, writing impactful briefs, and guiding strategic asset plans that support product and key initiatives.
- Proven success building and managing a high performing marketing team, leading with confidence and through influence and inspiring direct reports and partner teams.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis to projects, manage a multitude of product releases and projects over a long period of time, and utilize creative problem solving to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Familiarity exploring/developing new business models and consumer journeys within products.
- Basic understanding of marketing digital products including structuring acquisition /reacquisition, distribution and influencer programs.
- Excellent, consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs, strong PPT skills a must.
- Familiarity with Analytics applications (Google Analytics, SQL) is a plus.
- A rich understanding of The Sims franchise, its history, and the games’ feature sest a plus.
- Passion for creative play, pop culture and managing a brand with purpose.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- 10 years brand/product marketing experience. Creative products, online gaming and/or online consumer businesses a big plus.
- Experience managing high-functioning direct reports.
- Proven success leading & partnering with creative teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed org which is constantly changing and requires influencing multiple personality types.
- Excellent creative, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.