Electrical Estimator / Project Manager
The applicant shall demonstrate on their resume and/or during an oral interview, detailed support for the following capabilities.
- Ability to work 40 hours Monday through Friday (Part time will be considered)
- Amount of experience in the electrical field. The more the better, but not necessary, including on the job, union, or university / college training.
- Applicant should have an understanding of National and Local electrical codes for residential, commercial, and industrial installations.
- Have a strong analytical background in math.
- Shall be able to display and discuss in detail electrical estimating procedures, methods and skills.
- Shall be able to display an understanding of windows based computer applications, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Estimating Software, organizational ability, self-motivation and demonstrate examples of how they provide excellent customer service.
- Display their ability to read and understand electrical plans and specifications.
- Display their understanding of types and uses of electrical materials.
- Shall be willing and able to fit into an established estimating team.
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Finding electrical projects to bid.
- Estimate all job cost for material, labor, subcontractors, special systems and anticipate any other additional cost to prepare bids.
- Prepare subcontract bids to submit to general contractors or Prime bids to owners.
- Develop working relationships with owners, general contractors and local vendors.
- Strategize for competitive bidding, with estimating team.
- Understand and manage the electrical equipment and materials submittal process.
- Understand, interface with and manage job scheduling programs and time management coordination.
- Procure all equipment and materials in accordance with the estimated budget for project construction and completion.
- Coordinate manpower, release of submittal material and misc. material to arrive at the job site at the appropriate time.
- Manage and oversee field electricians on the job.
- Maintain organized job files and all necessary paperwork.
- Maintain communication with all parties working in a project.
Compensation and Benefits
- $40 to $100K per year based upon skills and performance
- Health and Welfare
- 401k and 3% match
- Profit sharing based upon performance.
ElectricraftGreat established family owned electrical contracting company continuing to grow and adapt to the ever changing construction environment.