Regional Sales Manager - Central Virginia
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Regional Sales Manager - Central Virginia Location: Richmond, VA
Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced sales professional to lead our sales efforts with a focus on our industrial market as we expand our unique services throughout Virginia. This position, in conjunction with our Sales Executives will develop the strategy for the region and identify new opportunities while engaging and providing leadership, guidance and support to those responsible for growing and servicing new and existing accounts in our Central Virginia region.
The Regional Sales Manager for our Central VA region is responsible for growing business in the territory, covering our entire range of product and service offerings with focus on those in the industrial and OEM markets. This position is responsible for defining sales market strategies and delivering field level execution. This role is responsible for the professional development of our sales team. The Regional Sales Manager will lead the regional sales force in identifying and developing sales opportunities through partnerships with customers to better understand their business and develop appropriate solutions. The Product Service Representative, Key Account Managers and the Regional Customer Service Manager in the region all report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. The Regional Sales Manager sets the direction and has overall responsibility for the coordination and alignment of the sales resources and ultimately the team's results.
- Responsible for the region's P&L
- Leads those responsible for addressing customer needs (from fact finding through proposal)
- Accountable for vendor relationships
- Develops and prepares key metrics for presentation to our Sales Executives
- Leads sales activities within the region
- Provides development and coaching activities with current sales team
- Develops sales strategies in alignment with Company objectives
- Establishes professional relationships in assigned customer accounts
- Coordinates the involvement of other company staff members to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings
- BS in Business or Engineering (preferred) or equivalent work experience in either the Electrical or Industrial/Manufacturing industries
- 4+ years previous experience and leading and developing others
- Familiarity with B2B sales to industrial markets
- Technical competency in a broad range of industrial electrical components and systems preferred
- Previous experience in electrical, industrial, and manufacturing industries is a plus
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
Important legal notice:
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electrical Equipment Company
BusinessView all jobs at Electrical Equipment Company