SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / DESIGN ENGINEER (P.E. Licensed / Registered)
Building and Facilities Electrical Engineering Power and Lighting Distribution Consulting Firm
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer / Design Engineer, P.E. (MEP Engineering Consulting Office)
Location: Fairfield, CA 94534
Solano County based provider of exceptional electrical engineering building power and lighting design consulting services for public and private sector clients, actively seeks Licensed Electrical Engineer P.E. to join our thriving Fairfield, CA office.
We are seeking an Senior Electrical Engineer who can take a project from concept through construction. This includes electrical design and layout of electrical power and lighting systems, load and voltage-drop calculations, short circuit study, code research, drafting oversight, coordination with architects and other engineers, and client communication.
The ideal Electrical Engineer will be one who enjoys challenges and is committed to results with a strong sense of personal responsibility for company performance. You must be able to thrive within a team oriented collaborative environment. Being professional, detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable is important.
In addition, the ideally qualified Electrical Engineer will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university (Preferred, degree can be substituted by industry related work experience)
- Registered / Licensed Professional Engineer, P.E. (Electrical)
- Minimum of at least 5+ years of professional work experience within an electrical engineering, MEP or A& E consulting firm that performs the electrical power and lighting systems design and layout for building and facility construction projects
- Must have electrical engineering experience pertaining to building and facilities electrical power and lighting distribution systems projects.
- Must have proficient knowledge of California electrical codes, Title 24 Energy Standards, NEC, and NFPA
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit (Strongly preferred)
- Proficient working knowledge of Revit and/or AutoCAD MEP is a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States with or without employer sponsorship.
Electrical Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
Provide the leadership, planning, creativity, organization, direction, coordination and control necessary to complete assigned building and facilities electrical power and lighting projects.
Direct the project related work of the designers and CADD operators on assigned projects. Control the project from start to finish, which includes electrical design, scheduling work of other team members assigned, budget control, review of projects, efficiency and quality of work of team members.
Represent the firm on project technical matters in design and construction support including, but not limited to, field investigation, meeting attendance, response to comments, construction submittal review, and response to requests for information.
Manage assigned projects from design concept through construction with assistance from design and drafting support staff. Research and gather all available information for the design of electrical systems (power, lighting, voice/data, fire/security alarm and audio/video communications) per project scope of work, codes and standards.
Maintain communication with clients and other engineering disciplines to coordinate project planning and design requirements.
Review design and/or construction documents for accuracy and compliance. Prepare project specifications, forms and reports. Direct project team members to follow technical production standards.
Maintain the projects' production within schedule and budget.
Perform project site observations for compliance to construction documents.
Participate in professional affiliations, seminars and workshops.
Highly respected Northern California (MEP) Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Consulting Engineering firm with an over 20 year history of providing specialized design services of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical building systems. We pride ourselves on delivering client-centered MEP design services that meet the highest level of sustainability. As a mid-sized company, our engineers get to take ownership of their projects and work in a collaborative environment amongst our mechanical, electrical, and production departments.
Our Electrical Engineering Consulting Services include:
Solar Energy Design; Coordination of Utility Companies; Underground Utility & Joint Trench Planning; Building Loads / Calculations & Usage Analysis; Single-Line Diagrams of Various Electrical Systems; Building Services & Distribution Systems; Telephone & Data Communication Systems; Fire Alarm & Security Systems; Cable Antenna Television (CATV) & Video Systems; Building Management Systems (BMS) & Controls.
Our firm takes on a diverse range of building projects including wineries, multifamily residential, commercial, hotel, education, healthcare, industrial, and state, federal, and municipal government building projects. Our firm is called upon to deliver expertise to a wide range of projects many are landmarks that will serve generations to come.
Our clients include prestigious wineries and hotels, government agencies, architects, colleges and universities, general contractors and developers.
Benefits of joining our firm:
- We always have interesting projects in the pipeline including a variety of new and retro-fit projects ranging from wineries, beautiful Napa Valley residences, apartments, and industrial/commercial projects (past projects have included manufacturing facilities, refrigeration system for meat processing plants, classrooms, healthcare facilities, restaurants, and much more!)
- A flexible work environment that encourages leadership and responsibility
- Relationships and opportunities that foster your professional growth and development. We promote from within.
- Company commitment to your well-being and satisfaction
Paid vacation, personal leave, and holidays
Major medical, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage, including full coverage for you and your qualified dependents
401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
Section 125 cafeteria plan (AFLAC)
Wellness program including paid health club membership
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring consideration please email detailed resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY NOW. Our Electrical Engineering Department Lead will follow up with you promptly for an initial interview. We look forward to becoming better acquainted with you and your future career goals.
Industry related terms: electrical, electrical engineer, electrical engineering, electrical power, electrical lighting, lighting design, power distribution, electrical consulting, engineering consulting, EIT, PE, FE, electrical lighting, Fairfield, Solano, CA, California electrical consulting, electrical engineering consulting Vacaville Oakland Sacramento San Francisco Walnut Creek Berkeley Vallejo Dixon Napa Benicia Suisun City 707 alameda electrical designer electrical design electrical drafter electrical draftsman hire hiring career careers employment employ opportunity