Office Assistant / Bookkeeper
Electrical Company Bonita Springs, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $21 Hourly
We are a Naples/Fort Myers-based electrical contractor seeking an Office Assistant Bookkeeper. The person hired will be the primary point of support for the Controller and assist with various office functions, including bookkeeping, billing, and recordkeeping.
This position requires a DETAILED individual who has some experience in A/P and A/R and will ensure that work is completed with accuracy and efficiency.
A successful candidate will be comfortable working in a small office and be a team player, reliable, professional, friendly. He/she will also need to be able to develop good relationships with customers, team members, and suppliers.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- A/P activities, including entering bills, printing checks, online bill pay, etc.
- A/R activities, such as create invoices then bill customers, general contractors, and builders for service performed
- Enter supplier invoices and download purchase orders into our accounting software system
- Assist Controller with lien releases - tracking and requesting
- Generate financial and job costing reports
- Create new reports in Excel - with basic formulas and formatting
- Manage and track vehicle fleet - maintenance records, gas cards, keys, etc.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and order accordingly
- Receive incoming deliveries
- Provide general office support, as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers
- Run errands (on occasion)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an office environment (a construction-related office is a bonus)
- Minimum of 2 years performing bookkeeping tasks, such as invoicing, receiving payments, navigating and printing financial reports, etc.
- Must be able to create reports in Excel and have basic knowledge of formulas and manipulating spreadsheets
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and friendly demeanor - to both external customers and employees
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to learn, a strong work ethic, and be a team player
- Must be computer savvy, with experience in email etiquette, calendar management, MS Word, and most importantly, Excel
- Experience in a construction office is a plus
- Must be fluent in English
- Knowledge of or fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Working knowledge of / experience with COMPUTER EASE software is a MAJOR plus
- Willing to learn a new computer software program and become proficient
- Work independently and figure out answers to problems if no one else is available to help
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to compose professional and friendly emails with accurate spelling and grammar
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and grow
- Has the functional knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Trustworthy, honest, straightforward, and reliable
- Uses discretion and is able to maintain confidentiality
- Is able to receive and follow instruction
- Is flexible and resilient – able to shift gears and handle changes on a moment’s notice
- **Organized and detail-oriented**
**Job competencies will be tested in the interview process through a grammar & spelling test, proofreading exercise, and a discussion around core values.**
Hourly rate is based on experience and skill set.
Electrical CompanyWhy Work Here?
Room for growth!
10550 Abernathy StBonita Springs, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Electrical Company