Electrical Project Manager - Residential New Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking to hire immediately: A Project Manager with experience in managing residential construction projects from start to finish. A candidate for this position MUST have a strong working knowledge of NEW CONSTRUCTION electrical systems, wiring, generators, code, permitting, and blueprints. He/she will be trustworthy, flexible, confident in a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent management skills. The position requires a self-starting individual with the ability to handle and resolve complex issues in an efficient and respectful manner. You will be managing a team and be required to ensure that work is being completed profitably and with accuracy, efficiency, and safety in mind. Must also have a friendly disposition and be able to develop favorable relationships with team members, customers, general contractors, and other trades.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Manage entire scope of electrical work on assigned residential new construction projects
- Responsible for all aspects of job profitability; including materials, labor, and other direct costs on a daily basis to achieve projected margins
- Create bids, takeoffs, budgets, and schedule of values for jobs
- Estimate, write, submit, and track change orders
- Schedule and manage distribution of field labor team members across various job site
- Motivate, coach, and train team members
- Conduct daily phone calls and visits with superintendents to follow up on timelines, goals, expectations, and productivity
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to troubleshoot issues and ensure that work is done properly
- Partner with the Controller to craft and submit weekly and monthly billings
- Oversee ordering of materials and monitor/control usage
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST have experience specifically in residential new construction
- Minimum of 4 years combined experience as an electrical project manager, estimator, and/or superintendent is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical school is desired
- Demonstrated history of project estimating
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge about electrical code, building requirements, and standards
- Knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ComputerEase or other construction-based management software is a plus
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Must be able to handle pressure, difficult situations, and resolve conflict in a calm and professional manner
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and values positive working relationships with team members, clients, and trade partners
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn, teach, and grow
- Has the functional knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Is able to articulate change orders, issues, modifications, and contract clarification both verbally and in written form
- Trustworthy, honest, straightforward, and reliable
- Is flexible and resilient – able to shift gears, handle changes, and make decisions on a moment’s notice
If interested, apply via Zip Recruiter or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Office is located in Bonita Springs, FL and job sites span across SWFL.
Electrical CompanyWhy Work Here?
Always busy, room for growth, and bonuses based on performance! Our office is based in Bonita Springs, FL and job sites span across SWFL.
Always busy, room for growth, and bonus opportunities based on performance! Office is located in Bonita Springs, FL and job sites span across SWFL.
10550 Abernathy StBonita Springs, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at Electrical Company