Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the United States. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Our company prides itself on:
- Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
- Providing quality service to our customers
- Employing and retaining great people
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Quality Control Technician to work out of our Chesapeake, Virginia facility.
Minimum requirements are:
1. High school degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience using inside and outside micrometers, vernier calipers, dial indicators, depth micrometers, and various other testing equipment.
3. Must have accurate and legible recordkeeping skills.
4. Ability to work overtime as needed.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
6. Former military mechanical technician a definite plus.
Responsibilities for this position include:
1. Perform dimensional measurements and visual inspection of disassembled electric motors and associated parts to determine necessary repairs.
2. Verification of new and repaired parts following machining against drawing or specified requirements.
3. Perform in-process surveillance and release completed motors for shipment.
4. Complete all required paperwork completely and legibly.
Candidates will be given capability tests as part of the selection process.
NOTE: This position requires drug and background screening.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, 401K/Profit Sharing, relocation assistance, and much more.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume and salary requirements.
Electric Motor & Contracting Co., Inc.EMC's greatest asset is our skilled people. These employees are experts in rebuilding and re-manufacturing rotating electrical & mechanical equipment. We have approximately 250 full time employees on the payroll, their areas of expertise are: motor winders, motor mechanics, machinists, engineers (electrical and mechanical), quality assurance technicians, switchgear technicians, field service technicians (switchgear, vibration analysis, infrared scanning, laser alignment, troubleshooting and repair of marine and industrial systems), truck drivers, administrative, sales and management personnel.