Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the United States. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
We are currently seeking a Machine Shop Foreman with the following capabilities and qualifications:
- Responsible for directing all labor and equipment resources in the machine shop.
- Supervise, train, and assist machinists to ensure steady production with First Time Quality.
- Promote safety and good housekeeping. Ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Participate in employee selection and termination. Participate in employee discipline, performance, and wage reviews.
- Drive a quality based program in the machine shop to prevent rework and promote a higher standard of finished components.
- Time card review (verify employees are working and recording their time to the correct job numbers)
- Collaborate and assist production personnel in troubleshooting and development of all technical manufacturing requirements including, tool selection, technical advice, instruction and training on set-up, operation and efficient use of shop equipment.
- Responsible for driving 5S and continuous improvement initiatives on the shop floor.
- Required to interact with shop floor personnel, as well as all layers of management and customers.
- Responsible for planning and communicating resource schedules to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends to support schedule commitments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a machine shop supervisor/foreman.
- Strong background in manual machining, including lathes, mills, VTL’s, and HBM’s. CNC experience a plus, but not required. Prefer experience in electric motor refurbishment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and positive leadership skills.
- Experience with Safety Related and/or Nuclear work preferred.
Our machine shop includes:
-Over 20 machinists on staff working across two shifts.
-Equipment includes but not limited to – (1) CNC Mazak Lathe, (4) VTL’s up to 132” Swing, (2) Horizontal Boring Mills up to 14’ Table, (4) Vertical Boring Mills, Numerous Lathes up to 88” Swing, FARO Laser Alignment Equipment, and Induction Heating Equipment
Our machine shop is air conditioned.
NOTE: This position requires drug and background screening
Electric Motor & Contracting Co., Inc.EMC's greatest asset is our skilled people. These employees are experts in rebuilding and re-manufacturing rotating electrical & mechanical equipment. We have approximately 250 full time employees on the payroll, their areas of expertise are: motor winders, motor mechanics, machinists, engineers (electrical and mechanical), quality assurance technicians, switchgear technicians, field service technicians (switchgear, vibration analysis, infrared scanning, laser alignment, troubleshooting and repair of marine and industrial systems), truck drivers, administrative, sales and management personnel.