Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc., founded in 1960, is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the United States. We are conveniently located in Hampton Roads, Virginia just miles from Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Our company prides itself on:
- Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
- Providing quality service to our customers
- Employing and retaining great people
We are currently seeking a Health Physics Technician.
- Must be able to work overtime hours, night shift and weekends on short notice. Extended second shift work is possible.
- Must qualify in CPR basic first aid and Radiation Materials Shipper Broker within 6 months of starting the position.
- Understand the role of regulations and procedures in radiation safety programs and be able to read, write and revise procedures as required.
- Participate in annual regulatory audits and customer audits.
- Perform any other related safety tasks as assigned, such as industrial safety functions.
- This position is roughly 50% field work and 50% documentation with a very high expectation on documentation quality and organization is very high.
- A successful candidate is expected to engage in continual self improvement through company sponsored classes and outside education opportunities.
- Perform duties such as sampling, survey and documentation tasks and all emergency response and notification functions.
- Use and understand a large array of radiation detection instruments and lab instruments.
- Act as part of a team in a commercial setting interfacing with the operations group to find solutions to problems that increase the efficiency of the organization.
- Must have excellent documentation skills and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and require little or no management guidance.
- Prefer Navy ELT or 108 Qualified. Must meet ANSI 3.1 Qualification Level.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in Science preferred.
Salary is based on technical experience.
NOTE: This position requires drug and background screening.
Our company offers competitive pay and a benefit package including vacation/holiday pay, insurance, 401K/Profit Sharing, relocation assistance, and much more.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Electric Motor & Contracting Co., Inc.
Attention: Melissa Griffin
3703 Cook Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23323
Visit our web site at www.emc-co.com