- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Electric Coin Company, we're on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity. We invented and support Zcash, a privacy-preserving digital currency built on strong science. As we continue our commitment to the growth of Zcash we must continue our commitment to supporting our open source developer community.
We're deploying next-generation technology at the intersection of privacy and financial systems. We have launched the worlds first privacy-centric cryptocurrency reference wallet and its respective SDK, and we need to keep continuously building and innovating in the Android product space to make financial privacy accessible to everyone. ECC is a Remote First company with developers from all over the world. Were looking for a collaborative, humble, self-starter who can come onboard and make an immediate impact and substantial contributions to help our Wallet Team reach its objectives.
We build native mobile SDKs and Wallets for Zcash--a cryptocurrency with world-class privacy. Everything is open source and forward-looking so we work with Jetpack Compose, Coroutines, and a bit of Rust. Its a great opportunity to be on the front lines of the crypto industry, learning how blockchains work directly from the talented engineers creating them, advancing privacy, while also dabbling in the latest Android features.
We are releasing halo arc, our next network upgrade, we are creating a wallet from the ground up. We want it to be forward looking to show how to use Zcash in the not too distant future. Our primary product is the SDK but we make reference wallets to showcase what the SDK does and as a blueprint for third-parties to who want to integrate the technology.
Were looking for someone comfortable engaging with the open source wallet community. ushering in cutting-edge privacy technology and making it usable.
- Building a brand new wallet from the ground up to support private transactions
- Creating the reference implementation to showcase how things should be done
- Creating and maintaining our Zcash SDKs and documentation
- Interface with the open source wallet community
- Provide leadership and guidance to third party app developers
- Engaging with other wallet makers to facilitate their use of our SDK and tools
- Interact closely with Designer in order to define User Experiences for crypto currencies
- Define the future of privacy
- Define how private wallets will work in the future
- Identifying and resolving UX pain points
- Work cross functionally with Core Engineers
We're flexible, but we're looking for someone with experience developing professional-grade Android applications. When applying, list applications you have worked on so we can take a look.Android Requirements:
- 5+ years of Android experience with at least 3 years using Kotlin
- 1+ year experience with Coroutines
- Experience designing APIs for 3rd-party use
- Self-starter with initiative
- Passionate about cryptocurrencies, blockchains or privacy
- Open-source contributor (bonus: maintainer of one or more projects)
- Experience with or knowledge of gRPC
- Experience with or interest in Jetpack Compose
- Experience with or interest in Rust
- An affinity for UX and Design
Why take this job? Why not join some other startup? Here are a few reasons:
- Electric Coin Company is on a mission to give everyone on Earth an open, secure, and inclusive financial system through the power of exotic math.
- We believe in self-care. We commonly move meetings for colleagues' personal obligations. Your life comes first.
- Flexible work arrangements--live where you want and work remotely.
- Code review and testing are concrete parts of our development culture.
- Everything we do is open source.
- Fun Fridays. No meetings on Fridays and you can work on anything work related that you want.
Some explicit non-requirements are:
- Any particular credentials, educational or title-related.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies in particular. We will happily teach you.
We have a strong ethos of professional conduct. We're looking for people who can work in the professional environment we want our company to be. This means you need the empathy to be a supportive colleague and collaborate well with people of widely different backgrounds, personalities, and skill sets.
At the end of the day, we're looking for someone who's as excited as we are about building the future of cryptocurrency. Sound like you? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have questions? Feel free to reach out directly to email@example.com
Electric Coin Company
TechnologyView all jobs at Electric Coin Company