Electric Aircraft Internship/Co-op (Spring/Summer 2023)
- Posted: over a month ago
Electra.aero is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated high school and college students or recent graduates in various engineering disciplines (aerospace, mechanical, structural, manufacturing, electrical, software, etc.) to help in the development of electric demonstration vehicles. These positions are based in Northern Virginia and will require relocation to the area for the duration of the internship/co-op. The ideal candidate will have capabilities in many or all of the following functions:
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- A strong work ethic and ability to operate independently.
- Scratch builds of lightweight aeronautical vehicles, particularly lightweight RC electric vehicles or human-powered aircraft.
- Precision construction and integration of many structural components made from a variety of materials, including carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass, foam, balsa, mylar.
- Development and execution of tests to confirm the function and quality of custom-made components.
- Able to perform basic structural analysis for manufactured components and fittings to ensure margins.
- Able to perform basic aerodynamics loads analysis to ensure margins of off-the-shelf actuators for vehicle control.
- Pre-preg and wet-layup composites molding and vacuum-bagging experience.
- Integration of high-end hobby-grade avionics equipment.
- Evaluation of suitable electronics equipment based on datasheets and known mechanical or electrical requirements.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as SolidWorks, including generating useful drawings or laser cutter patterns.
- Experience with metal and wood machining tools such as lathes and mills.
- Experience with hot-wire cutting of foam.
- Must be able to lift at least 25lb and comfortable in the usage of hand and power tools.
Electra's top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and communities. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Electra offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?