Election Services Associate
- $18 to $20 Hourly
We support democracy.
Our vision at Election Systems & Software (ES&S) is simple and unwavering — we provide products and services of exceptional quality and value to maintain voter confidence and enhance the voting experience. We accomplish this through continuous investments in research and development, resulting in regular product updates and security enhancements for each voting system we design, build, sell and support.
Join the ES&S team where we are crafting the future of voting in the United States! On our team, you will push boundaries to provide solutions that meet the industry’s ever-evolving needs. Our people apply their innovative perspective to challenges big and small, and ES&S provides the resources to make our employees’ vision a reality.
Summary/Objective: An Election Services Associate is responsible for layout and precise composition of basic election ballots using databases and graphic design applications. The position requires accurate translation of customer election requirements into coded election machine instructions. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, accuracy of data entry and quality of work product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the ability to apply the full array of appropriate federal, state, and local election requirements and industry protocols to the layout, presentation and organization of ballots and the coded instructions prepared for customers’ voting system hardware.
- Compose and layout election ballots and translate ballot layout to coded machine instructions meeting the specifications of assigned customers.
- Facilitate product proofing and quality assurance processes to assure zero error translation to coded instructions.
- Produce and transmit accurate, precise electronic layout files to ensure vendor printers generate zero-defect ballot materials.
- Communicate directly with customers, providing quality resolutions of customer issues and questions including but not limited to election forms, requests related to products and services; coordinate issues’ resolution through appropriate subject matter expert; organize workflow, document and follow-up as required to meet commitments.
- Provide required diagnostics, and support to enable customer-managed development of electronic ballots using ES&S proprietary software products.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: An associates’ degree in business administration or computer technology field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: At least 1 year experience including:
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical capacity to learn Unity Suite including Ballot Image Manager (BIM); Election Data Manager (EDM); Hardware Programming Manager (HPM); Election Reporting Manager (ERM); Ballot on Demand (BOD); Electionware Voting System; NEWS; ES&S Portal
- Effective communication skills including the ability to interpret verbal and written material
- Problem Solving/Analytical ability
- Detail orientation/ Precision
Licenses/Certifications Required: None
Travel: Approximately 10 - 15% travel is expected. Expect overnight travel four (4) to five (5) times annually to attend meetings and participate in election support.
Election Systems & Software, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Election Systems & Software, LLC's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
Our vision at ES&S is simple and unwavering — we provide products and services of exceptional quality and value to maintain voter confidence and enhance the voting experience. We’re pushing boundaries to provide solutions that meet the industry’s ever-evolving needs. Our teams apply their innovative perspective to challenges big and small, and ES&S provides the resources to make their vision a reality.
Election Systems & Software LLCBirmingham, AL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.