Member Experience Administrative Specialist/Medical Receptionist
Eleanor Health Montclair, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
This is a rare chance to put a personal stamp on helping to build a business that will make a profound difference in the lives of people impacted by Substance Use Disorders. As the Verona Member Experience Administrative Specialist at Eleanor Health, you will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and work directly with members of Eleanor Health's growing NJ team to drive the Eleanor Health agenda by owning or supporting key initiatives needed to support Eleanor's Verona clinic.
The Member Experience Administrative Specialist will support the Eleanor Health clinical team in a variety of administrative tasks. Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Member Experience Administrative Specialist is a key member of the Eleanor Health team and plays an integral role in delighting our Eleanor Health members. You will often be the first point of contact with members as they arrive and you will play an important role in the overall flow of the clinic experience. Duties include welcoming members who visit the clinic for a clinical appointment, coordinating follow-up appointments with our provider team, accounting for check-in paperwork (or digital forms) according to our clinical intake process, answering incoming phone-calls and being responsive to any existing members or potential members' needs by following up proactively by phone. Our Member Experience Administrative Specialist will ensure that, regardless of the circumstances, members are treated with dignity and respect and always feel at home.
This role will report to Eleanor Health's Verona Clinic Manager.
Specifically you will:
- Welcome members to the clinic, directing and/or escorting members to their appointments, communicating their arrival to other members of the team, and checking out members before they leave to schedule follow-up appointments and assess overall experience
- Facilitate successful telehealth by processing virtual member intake, helping set up on-line video consultations, communicating with members to remind them about upcoming telehealth sessions and coaching them on accessing their sessions; scheduling future appointments.
- Collaborate in-person and online with other care team members to facilitate the enrollment of new members to Eleanor Health, including making appointments, verifying insurances and collecting co-payments
- Prepare daily reports in advance of the next day's visits and participate in daily huddles with other care team members; participate in closing care gaps as needed
- Under the direction of clinic leadership, check real-time member experience feedback and assist in resolving operational issues
- Receive incoming phone calls/messages, follow-up on any missed appointments, calls or voicemails, complete requests for appointments, assist with administrative forms, and direct any requests for medication refills to the practice nurse
- Facilitate external appointments with specialty providers, including submission of referral requests
- Organize and distribute incoming communications to the clinic, including mail and faxes.
- Manage office and medical supplies
- Other administrative duties as needed
You are a good fit if:
- You have a welcoming and warm personality
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- You want to work with individuals with addiction and other mental health diagnoses
- You have healthcare experience and have used an EMR, and/or 4+ years in another service related field in customer-facing positions
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with all members of the care team, and with members of the public
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems, and have familiarity with electronic health record systems
- You are eager to be part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, social workers, community recovery partners
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- You have strong attention to detail
- You have fluency in either Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- You have experience working with individuals with substance use diagnoses
- You are multilingual
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is rethinking addiction by fully treating it as a chronic condition and building an integrated solution that expands access to effective, whole-person treatment to drive sustained recovery. Our goal is to improve upon earlier generations of opioid and substance use disorder treatment to create more accessible clinic- and community-based care. The Eleanor Health model integrates with the rest of a patient's life and care journey, and delivers superior outcomes for patients (we call them community members), their loved ones and communities, the healthcare system, and society.
Eleanor Health and its associated health care providers deliver best-in-class substance use disorder care utilizing Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT), behavioral health therapy, care management, and social support and wrap services. As a multi-site, outpatient treatment organization, Eleanor delivers accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care, supported by innovative technology.
Launched in September 2019, Eleanor Health has established a network of highly successful practices across New Jersey, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Washington, and Louisiana, and we are poised to continue our rapid expansion within those states as well as in new markets in the coming months.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time
BusinessView all jobs at Eleanor Health