LA State Medical Director
Eleanor Health Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is rethinking addiction by fully treating it as a chronic condition and building an integrated solution that expands access to effective, whole-person treatment to drive sustained recovery. Our goal is to improve upon earlier generations of opioid and substance use disorder treatment to create more accessible clinic- and community-based care. The Eleanor Health model integrates with the rest of a patient's life and care journey, and delivers superior outcomes for patients (we call them community members), their loved ones and communities, the healthcare system, and society.
Eleanor Health and its associated health care providers deliver best-in-class substance use disorder care utilizing Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT), behavioral health therapy, care management, and social support and wrap services. As a multi-site, outpatient treatment organization, Eleanor delivers accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care, supported by innovative technology.
A fast growing startup, Eleanor Health launched in September 2019 and operates seven clinics in North Carolina and one each in New Jersey and Massachusetts and is poised to continue our rapid expansion into other states in the coming months.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and building a great business that makes a difference Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Medical Operations, the State Medical Director is responsible for leading, developing, and executing all cultural and medical aspects of Eleanor Health's opioid and substance use disorder treatment across multiple clinic sites in the state.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record leading care delivery operations, experience building new capabilities and teams, and embodies an ongoing growth mindset. A passion and commitment to healthcare and transforming the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space is a must.
Responsibilities are mixed clinical/administrative and include direct provision of substance use disorder treatment services including MAT, total oversight of medical services, ensuring adequate clinic medical staffing, continuous quality improvement, medical staff recruitment, development and retention, accreditation and regulatory compliance, budget performance, incident/risk management and cultivation of strategic community partnerships.
As a maturing startup, this is a unique opportunity for a talented and internally-driven individual to get his or her hands in the details of setting up and building a mission-driven organization where people are our most valued asset.
- Creates a unique and attractive culture that values mission-orientation, proactive initiative, ethical behavior, and collaboration
- Works closely with Eleanor Health's Louisiana Operations Director to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services
- Develops and manages the medical aspects of superior quality, evidence-based opioid and other substance use disorder treatment programs across multiple locations within the state
- Works closely with Eleanor founders, CMO, management, the Vice President for Medical Operations and fellow State Medical Directors to plan, and refine all aspects of the organization's medical policies, standards and programs
- Provides direct patient care for substance use disorders, including MAT, both in-person and via telemedicine
- Recruits and develops on-boarding, training, development and retention plans for medical and nursing staff
- Provides direct oversight of physicians, advanced practice providers (APPs) and nurses including performance management and peer review activities.
- Ensures all medical programs are in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and CARF accreditation standards
- Researches and studies current medical publications and data on new treatments and practices to ensure high quality clinical service offerings
- Develops and implements continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives
- Develops and implements incident and risk management initiatives
- Advises non medical management and non-medical clinic staff on clinical and patient related matters and policies.
- Manages medical staff budget performance
- Cultivates strategic community partnerships
- Serves as a thought leader on substance use disorder treatment
- M.D., D.O., MBBS
- Understanding of Louisiana health systems, health insurance, and state policies.
- Current active, unencumbered medical license in Louisiana
- Current active, unencumbered DATA-waivered DEA in Louisiana
- Board Certified in primary specialty and Addiction Medicine or Addiction Psychiatry preferred
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Experience with substance use disorder program licensing and accreditation processes (CARF accreditation experience preferred but not required)
- Ability to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed
- 5+ years' medical leadership experience and exposure to a mix of people, roles, and backgrounds
- Experience directly providing MAT patient care within the last year
- This role is based in Louisiana
Job Type: Full-time