Family/Addiction Medicine Physician - MD/DO (Contract/Part-time/Telehealth)
Eleanor Health Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health provides a revolutionary new approach to turn the tide of this epidemic: bringing the first comprehensive, 'whole person' care solution to the communities that need it most. Our goal is to help people heal, inside and out, for good. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best in class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way.
Combined with our unique partnerships with payers and providers, Eleanor is able to provide accessible, personalized care at a scale that was previously impossible. This is a rare chance to put a personal stamp on helping to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way, and be a critical partner in re-thinking addiction treatment towards a value-based payment model. You'll be joining an incredibly passionate, inspiring, supportive, and fun family.
Reporting to the State Medical Director, part-time employed and independent contractor MAT and Psychiatric physicians function as integral members of the treatment team. Working arrangements are flexible and individuals may work in our clinic for as few as 4 hours per week. In order to work for Eleanor Health, physicians must be Family Medicine Board Certified or Eligible, waivered to prescribe Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) through the DATA 2000 Waiver. Our organization will sponsor the required training for any Eleanor Health physician.
- Provides direct patient care for MAT, substance use and other psychiatric disorders both in-person or/and via telemedicine
- Works closely with Eleanor Health Practice Administrator, Lead Clinician, and other team members, including advanced practice nurses, to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services
- Contributes to a unique and attractive culture that values mission-orientation, proactive initiative, ethical behavior, and collaboration
- Ensures medical care and documentation are in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and CARF accreditation standards
- Participates in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives
- MD, DO, MBBS
- Current active, unencumbered Louisiana medical license
- Current active, unencumbered DATA 2000 Waiver to allow for prescribing MAT
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Addiction Medicine preferred
- Experience working with adolescents age 13 and up
- Mission-driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Ability to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed
Job Types: Part-time, Contract