Our Ski and Ride School Instructors successfully instill confidence in teaching skiing or snowboarding ability to our guests. Our Instructors work throughout the season and ensure the best possible experience for the Eldora guest; working on an individual basis and as a part of the Eldora team. Instructors will lead group classes, all while focusing on individual engagement and progression. Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children or PSIA/AASI certification preferred.
- Must be: An excellent skier/rider with technical knowledge of skiing/snowboarding and snow sports safety
- Able to work long and irregular hours including weekends and holidays
While performing the duties of this job, work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent interacting with guests.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Standing for an extended period of time
- Ski/ride safely and confidently in all snow conditions and in varying types of terrain at all times
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to work well with staff, other departments, and the public under stressful situations
- Must own ski or riding equipment
- Lead with excellent organizational, supervisory and guest service skills
- Current PSIA/AASI certification
- Have knowledge of PSIA/AASI certification process