We are a boutique CPA accounting firm in Morgan Hill, CA. We are an established practice of over 20 years in the area and are looking for a Tax Accountant to join our vibrant team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare business, trust and individual income tax returns for a diverse clientele and industries
• Prepare tax forecasts and quarterly estimates
• Periodic compliance tax and reporting e.g. 1099s, sales tax, 571Ls
• Project research, analysis, and conclusion
• Financial reporting- compilation and preparation
• Accounting and bookkeeping
• Manage client projects start to finish
• Other duties and assignments as requested
• Overtime and weekends are required during busy times of the year.
• There may be overnight travel to out-of-town client locations, company offices and/or continuing professional education.
• CPA or EA preferred
• Professional services experience a plus
• Associate degree in accounting is preferred
• 2-4 years of experience performing similar job functions is preferred
• Significant experience with QuickBooks (Desktop and Online)
• Proficient in Lacerte Tax Software, Microsoft Office
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated, responsible, detail-oriented, and results-driven
• Ability to work independently and multi-task, with a can-do attitude
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Well-organized and a team player
• Good written and verbal communication skills are a must, with an emphasis on clear and sensitive responses to client inquiries and escalations.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Please include SUTTER in the subject line of the email when submitting your resume