- Paid Time Off
Onsite Location: Fort Meade, MD
Clearance: Top Secret w/ Active Polygraph
People Centered. Data Driven
Elder Research Inc. is a Data Science consulting firm specialized in providing analytic solutions to clients in Commercial and Government industries. Providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies across numerous industries, our team enjoys a great variety in the type of work they do and exposure to a wide range of techniques and tools.
We are trusted advisors to our clients, building lasting relationships and partnering as preferred analytics providers. We use a variety of programming languages and tools to create analytic solutions, often fitting within our clients’ environment and needs.
Join our team and find great opportunities to hone your analytic skills, work on complex problems with amazing teammates, and gain valuable analytics consulting experience.
Summary of Position:
We are looking to hire a Cloud Engineer who can support robust and repeatable cloud designs in support of data manipulation, large-scale infrastructure for data ingestion, and data visualization for custom client applications. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a clients’ business goals using an iterative methodology. Candidates should also be able to consider both long-term stability and scalability while taking a user-focused approach to development and deployment. This role does require you to have a Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in a technical role and you must be eligible to obtain a clearance if you do not already have one.
Candidates should have a mix of the following experiences:
- Certification in design or architecture for one or more of the following cloud providers – AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Deep experience in general compute and storage within cloud-based systems.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, or equivalent)
- Deep experience in networking and security with cloud-based systems.
- Deep experience in serverless capabilities within a cloud environment, AWS Lambda, or equivalent.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases native to cloud provider or 3rd party.
- Experience with deploying data manipulation tools for transformations in preparation for analytics. Tools may include, AWS Glue, or equivalent.
- Experience in delivering machine learning results from cloud packages such as AWS Sagemaker, Google Vertex AI, or equivalent.
- Fluency with one or more modern Object-Oriented Programming Languages (Python, Typescript, Java)
- Experience with user administration hierarchies leveraging IAM technologies.
- Utilized infrastructure as code within one of the cloud environments – AWS CDK, Terraform, or equivalent.
- Led and collaborated with others to accomplish a technical task.
- Presented technical work to a non-technical audience via writing or presentation.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in a technical role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to parse project requirements, including asking questions to ensure full and correct understanding.
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and tools quickly.
About Elder Research, Inc
Elder Research is a fast growing consulting firm specializing in predictive analytics. Being in the data mining business over 20 years, we pride ourselves in our ability to find creative, cutting edge solutions to real-world problems. We work hard to provide the best value to our clients and allow each person to contribute their ideas and put their skills to use immediately.
Our team members are passionate, curious, life-long learners. We value humility, servant-leadership, teamwork, and integrity. We seek to serve our clients and our teammates to the best of our abilities. In keeping with our entrepreneurial spirit, we want candidates who are self-motivated with an innate curiosity and strong team work.
Elder Research believes in continuous learning; each week the entire company attends a “Tech Talk” followed by an office lunch. Elder Research provides a supportive work environment with established parental, bereavement, and PTO policies. By prioritizing a healthy work-life balance - with reasonable hours, solid pay, low travel, and extremely flexible time off - Elder Research enables and encourages its employees to serve others.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Elder Research is a Government contractor and our positions require US Citizenship.
Elder Research IncFort Meade, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.