Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Location of Role: Charlottesville, VA
People Centered. Data Driven
Elder Research Inc. is a Data Science consulting firm specialized in providing analytic solutions to clients in Commercial and Government industries. Providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies across numerous industries, our team enjoys a great variety in the type of work they do and exposure to a wide range of techniques and tools.
We are trusted advisors to our clients, building lasting relationships and partnering as preferred analytics providers. We use a variety of programming languages and tools to create analytic solutions, often fitting within our clients’ environment and needs.
We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant/Office Manager to join our team! The Administrative Assistant/Office Manager will be responsible for overall office management of our corporate office in Charlottesville, VA, as well as operations support across the company. Roles and responsibilities will include overseeing all details of office management in Charlottesville, providing administrative support to other members of the operations team, and executive assistant functions for senior leadership members as needed. The successful Office Manager will establish a reputation of willingness to support and will unobtrusively maintain a pulse on company happenings and morale. This position will be seen as a touch point for a wealth of company knowledge; the successful candidate will demonstrate eagerness to learn company operations and willingness to serve as a reference for others. This position will report directly to the COO but will be frequently tasked by many members of the company.
- Provide administrative support to Charlottesville-based senior leaders including coordination of travel and associated expenses.
- Schedule and organize meetings for executives and office employees
- Coordinate weekly and meeting specific lunches/meals
- Manage ordering and inventory of refreshments and office supplies
- Answer main company phones and screen/direct calls
- Assist with intra-office moves and manage hoteling arrangements for employees
- Ensure an organized, neat and attractive office
- Maintain good working relationships with building property management and vendors
- Coordinate onboarding for Charlottesville office new hires and assist other office managers with shipping of computer equipment and other onboarding activities when necessary.
- Maintain company computer & equipment inventory in coordination with Accounting and IT
- Plan and execute special corporate events including but not limited to: Summer picnic, Christmas Party, special classes
- Perform regular rounds through the office space to make note of issues that require attention such as repairs, restocking, cleaning, re-organization, purging of old supplies and equipment; and take action as needed.
- 2+ years administrative support experience
- Ability to work between 32+ hours per week
- Technical capacity with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Punctual, dependable and must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Humility; able to take and give opinions
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to operate with creativity within given parameters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree
- Experience in consulting environment
About Elder Research, Inc
Elder Research is a fast growing consulting firm specializing in predictive analytics. Being in the data mining business over 20 years, we pride ourselves in our ability to find creative, cutting edge solutions to real-world problems. We work hard to provide the best value to our clients and allow each person to contribute their ideas and put their skills to use immediately.
Our team members are passionate, curious, life-long learners. We value humility, servant-leadership, teamwork, and integrity. We seek to serve our clients and our teammates to the best of our abilities. In keeping with our entrepreneurial spirit, we want candidates who are self-motivated with an innate curiosity and strong team work.
Elder Research believes in continuous learning; each week the entire company attends a “Tech Talk” followed by an office lunch. Elder Research provides a supportive work environment with established parental, bereavement, and PTO policies. By prioritizing a healthy work-life balance - with reasonable hours, solid pay, low travel, and extremely flexible time off - Elder Research enables and encourages its employees to serve others.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Elder Research is a Government contractor and our positions require US Citizenship.
Elder Research Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Elder Research Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?