Resident Care Director - Oakland
Elder Care Alliance Oakland, CA
- Posted: January 14, 2021
Req ID 2021-1796
Job Locations Clinical Services
Job Category Clinical Services
Shift Day, Evening
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
The Resident Care Director:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of care services to Assisted Living residents in the Community.
- Assesses current and prospective residents for their level of functioning and appropriateness for varying levels of care. Creates appropriate service plans for new and existing residents.
- Participates within an interdisciplinary team which monitors and reviews residents' health and social needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provides direct care, supervising and educating the caregivers including hiring, performance management and scheduling of staff.
- Develops and monitors Assisted Living Program's operating and capital budgets. Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local legislation and accrediting/contracting agency policy and procedures related to Residential Care.
- Participates as a community leader, and as part of the leadership team, help to create a positive, caring environment.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- College degree in related field or significant experience.
- Valid unrestricted California nursing license preferred.
- Three years minimum supervisory and administrative experience, inclusive of budgeting and program development.
- Two years minimum experience working with, sensitivity to and knowledge of working with older adults and the aging process. Knowledge about dementia highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify need, develop, and manage programs and systems simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate professionally with residents, families, peers and employees in a multi-cultural environment.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status" PI130388275