Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
AlmaVia of Camarillo
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of Camarillo is a vibrant assisted living and memory care community. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Resident Assistant / Caregiver:
- Provides personal care and services to residents in accordance with resident needs, individual service plans and the philosophy of supportive and resident centered care.
- Helps residents with activities of daily living including personal care, bathing, grooming, dressing, bathroom assistance, light housekeeping, and group and individual activities.
- Provides meal and activity escort assistance - walking, wheelchair or walker.
- Documents care through electronic charting.
- Communicates with and responds to residents about their needs.
This job requires:
- Lifting / pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. and 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Work on weekends and holidays, based on scheduling.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- A passion for working with an aging population.
- Minimum of one year experience working with seniors or be a current CNA, preferably in a long term care environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"
Elder Care Alliance