Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents.
About This Career Opportunity
The MDS Nurse Coordinator is responsible for coordination and management of the MDS/RAI/CAA/Care planning process under the direct supervision of the DON. Coordinates and communicates with interdisciplinary team members. Maintains schedules for MDS completion. Maximizes Medicare utilization through ongoing management of RUGSs scoring and MDS transmissions.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse of Licensed Vocation Nurse in the state in which practicing..
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication sills to perform tasks required.
- Ability to apply principles of nursing care based on standards of general and geriatric nursing practices. Minimum of two years clinical experience with geriatric patients. Long term care experience preferred.
- Maintain current certification in cardio-pulmonary.
- Knowledge of Federal and State long-term care regulations.
- Knowledge of medical resource management in long term care.
- Experience with Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessment process
- Excellent computer skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively use software to complete designated tasks.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"
Elder Care Alliance