Executive Director/Administrator- San Rafael
Elder Care Alliance San Rafael, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Locations Management & Corporate
Job Category Management & Corporate
Shift Day, Evening
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
AlmaVia of San Rafael
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of San Rafael is a vibrant retirement community. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. It is ECA's goal to create an environment that allows older adults in need of assisted living and dementia care services to live with dignity, respect, quality and meaning. This will be achieved through strong leadership, dedication and collaboration.
About This Career Opportunity
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operations of the assisted living community. The ED shall maintain a consistent level of quality care, services and innovative programming, which meet ECA standards, goals and mission while achieving financial results. The ED assures that all operations programming and services attain the highest standards of customer service.
- Supervise the overall operations of the community. Provides and evaluates the provision of services to the residents with appropriate regard for the residents' physical, mental, spiritual and social wellbeing, including those with dementia.
- Develop, monitor, and implement community operating and capital budgets. Responsible for management of monthly financial reports
- In collaboration with directors, hire and evaluate employees. Participate in orientation, in-service education, and leadership to staff.
- Provide consult on disciplinary matters.
- Maintains a high standard of care and services
- Maintain regulatory compliance at all times. Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of state and local legislation and regulatory requirements as it relates to RCFE.
- Direct supervision and guidance to all directors to ensure proper monitoring and review of residents' health and social needs
- Participate in the assessment of current and prospective residents for their level of functioning and appropriateness for varying levels of care.
- Provide communication to directors, staff, residents and families regularly scheduled staff meetings as well as resident, family & group meetings.
- Participate in resident council meetings, and mediate employee and resident grievances.
- Oversee contact and communication with residents' families and professionals.
- Effectively supervises program evaluation, marketing and implementation of new services
- Supervise the marketing, sales and outreach efforts including sales metrics, database management, educational presentations, promotional events, tours, move-in coordination and retention review.
- Supervise and participate in the application, assessment and move-in process working with staff, potential residents, families members and other appropriate community members to help ensure a successful transition into the community and to assist with relocation or transfer if the care and services warrant.
- The Executive Director is not expected to provide direct care services, although management is responsible to ensure that those services are provided with high quality and consistency.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Four year degree essential.
- Four years supervisory and administrative experience, inclusive of budgeting and program development.
- At least three years of experience in providing residential care to the elderly; or equivalent education and experience as approved by the licensing agency.
- Knowledge about dementia care services and programs preferred
- Criminal record clearance prior to presence in facility.
- TB test results and health screening required
- Licensed RCFE Administrator, at least 21 years of age, and will attend the 40 hours of training every two years as per Title 22.
- Must possess a current license, and it must be in good standing.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"