Job Locations Culinary Services
Job Category Culinary Services
Who We Are
AlmaVia of San Rafael
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
The Assistant Culinary Director plans, directs and trains the activities of the front of the house service team relative to hospitality service standards and assists the Culinary Services Director with the back of house team in accordance with health and safety regulations. Directs the service team in dining room setup, sanitation and customer service. Further assists with cooks in cooking of all menu items as well as being hands on in the process. Responds to resident nutritional needs, preferences and complaints regarding menu items. Understands all food service requirements and diet needs. Detects and corrects situations before problems arise. Orders all supplies within budget and ensures they are properly received upon delivery. Takes inventories. Writes schedules, assists with payroll and performance appraisals for direct reports (Servers, cooks, prep cooks & dishwashers) as well as hiring and counseling staff with CSD. Assists with administrative duties as assigned.
The Assistant Culinary Director:
- Monitors specification guidelines for all food and supplies to ensure highest quality at the best price.
- Trains, monitors and supports the Dining room service staff to ensure the highest levels of service and care are consistently delivered.
- Oversees quality and quantity of food and preparation process, ensures that food is properly cooked, and put out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supply management by maintaining optimum level of food inventory and supplies based on budget guidelines.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, utilization, timely completion, and filing of all required production records.
- Develops and implements sanitation schedules for production areas.
- Writes schedules, assists with payroll and performance appraisals for direct reports(cooks, prep cooks & dishwashers) as well as hiring and counseling staff with Culinary Services Director.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years experience in institutional food preparation and service and two years supervisory experience required.
- Has working knowledge of Title 22, Division 6, Chapter 8
- Possess a current Serve Safe Certification and First Aid Certification
Skills and Attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a team player.
- Strives to provide a high quality and professional interaction with residents, volunteers, and staff.
Elder Care Alliance