POSITION SUMMARY: (position includes but is not limited to the following):
Position serves primarily as Dental Assistant at the Dental Clinic as part of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Center.
Job Summary (position includes, but is not limited to the following):
Assist Dentist chair side in exams and procedures..
Cleaning and disinfecting of environmental surfaces, along with autoclaving of instruments and cleaning operatory units.
Assist in oral surgery, endodontic, operative, and composites.
Assist and set-up crowns and bridges.
Performs radiographic examinations as required.
Performs routine preventive maintenance (daily, monthly, yearly and as required); troubleshoots common equipment failure and refers problems to technical consultant as needed.
Greets and escorts patients to the unit in a timely manner to accomplish good patient flow.
Maintains necessary records as required.
Prepares assigned work area for receiving patients. Ensures that proper supplies are on hand for the procedure being performed.
Performs other duties as required.
Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure stable operations.
Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
Maintain required reporting as assigned.
Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Two years Associates Degree in Dental Assisting from an accredited College or University, REQUIRED. Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
- Possession of a current, unrestricted Dental Assistant License.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Possess a valid driver’s license. REQUIRED
- Familiarity with American Indian culture, values, and traditions.
- Must submit and clear Criminal Records Background Check.
- Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
- Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
- Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIROMENT
The work requires regular and recurrent standing to perform tests, walking between the different sections of the clinic, and reaching and bending to obtain supplies and operate instruments. Occasionally lifts 30/40 pounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK CONDITIONS
The work requires regular and recurrent standing to perform tasks, walking between the different sections of the facilities, and reaching and bending to obtain supplies and operate systems.
- Work is performed in an office environment with varying conditions of noise level, temperature, and illumination.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds of material.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, computer and other office equipment.
- Work situations may be stressful and require irregular hours.
- Travel required.
- Potential exposure to blood and other hazardous material, communicable diseases, and other conditions common in a health care environment.