POSITION: Public Health Nurse
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing
SALARY: Starting salary will be determined by funding, experience, and training level.
CLASSIFCATION: Non-Management, Regular, Full-time
LOCATION: Elbowoods Memorial Health Center 1058 College Drive New Town, ND 58763-0400
POSITION SUMMARY: (position includes but is not limited to the following):
1) Position serves primarily as Public Health Nurse covering community members in the 6 districts / communities of the MHA Nation.
i) Provides nursing services to individuals, families, and communities. These services are provided to all age groups with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
ii) Public Health program is carried out in the home, office clinic, schools, and community, where conditions and treatment are normally of a non-critical nature.
iii) Utilizes nursing process in providing nursing care to individuals and families, including interventions to prevent complications and minimize disabilities.
iv) Teaches and supervises patients and families in techniques of positive health measures. Facilitates understanding and acceptance of medical or other needed care, diagnosis, and treatment.
v) Obtain and accurately record patient encounters according to established standards and procedures.
vi) Plans and evaluates the Public Health Nursing program. Maintains communication with health care team at Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
vii) Conducts epidemiological surveys, field investigations, and researches studies to appraise health needs.
viii)Develops new programs as needed to meet health needs found in the community.
ix) Ensures continuity of patient care by planning and case management with other Federal, State, Tribal, and community resources.
x) Provides clinical nursing duty functions on a as needed basis.
xi) Maintains licensure and CEU’s in accordance with the North Dakota Board of Nursing standards.
2) Represents TAT Health Care Centers in a highly professional manner.
3) Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure stable operations.
4) Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
5) Maintain required reporting as assigned.
6) Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
7) Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
8) Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Must be a graduate of an approved Nursing program, REQUIRED. Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
- Hold a current RN license or temporary permit from the North Dakota Board of Nursing, REQUIRED.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
- Possession of a current, valid North Dakota State Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and telephone, REQUIRED.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, REQUIRED.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision, REQUIRED.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must submit to clear Criminal Records Background Check.
- Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
- Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
- Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIROMENT
· The work requires regular standing to perform work, walking with schools, clinics, and homes. Work involves reaching and bending to obtain supplies and accomplish tasks. Occasionally lifts 50 pounds and actively assists in patient care and transfer. The work may require extensive driving between communities under all types of road conditions.
· Work is performed in an office environment with varying conditions of noise level, temperature, and illumination.
· Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds of material.
· Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, computer and other office equipment.
· Work situations may be stressful and require irregular hours.
· Potential exposure to blood and other hazardous material, communicable diseases, and other conditions common in a health care environment.
· Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
· Shift work may be required.
· Extensive walking is required since interaction between all disciplines within the health care operations and management is required.
· Travel may be required to accomplish facility goals.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PROVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THREE AFFILIATED TRIBES HEALTH CARE CENTER POSITIONS.