Healthcare Safety Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop, implement and monitor Board Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and Procedures.
- To assist the EMHC Clinic in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of learners, staff and visitors;
- To establish budget proposals for the operation of the Occupational Health and Safety office and specific training programs;
- To increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
- To investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to students, staff and/or visitors to the appropriate senior official, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage to GSA vehicles and property;
- To investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the Associate Director and/or other appropriate senior staff;
- To respond to employees’ safety concerns;
- To conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any EMHC facility;
- To assist EMHC Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees;
- To respond to fires and other emergencies on or about EMHC property
- To coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste;
- To receive reports from and respond to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors;
- To arrange for Occupational Health and Safety testing and/or evaluations of the work place by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
- To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies;
- To coordinate the training of personnel inareas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in EMHC facilities.
- To coordinate the Board’s emergency procedures and act as EMHC emergency on-site coordinator;
- To assist executive staff, senior administrators, principals and supervisors in emergency preparedness;
- To develop, review, and update appropriate sections of the EMHC Emergency Procedures Manual;
- To liaise with municipal and State Emergency planners, update plans, organize exercises and evaluate procedures;
- To liaise with the fire department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs;
- To coordinate the selection and distribution of emergency communications equipment to schools and administrative/support departments;
- Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
- Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure stable operations.
- Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
- Maintain required reporting as assigned.
- Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
- Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
- And other duties as assigned.
- NOTE: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in a facilities management related field PREFERRED. Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
- College credits related to position and 1 year of specialized experience in a safety related position, REQUIRED.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
- Familiarity with MHA Nation cultures, values, and traditions, HELPFUL.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must have a valid N.D. driver’s license in good standing and must supply driver’s license abstract from the Department of Motor Vehicle.
- Will need to have an acceptable motor vehicle record. A copy of driver’s license and verification of driver’s record from the North Dakota Department of Motor Vehicle, REQUIRED.
- Must submit to clear Criminal Records Background Check.
- Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
- Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
- Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s.
This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center
1058 College DriveNew Town, ND
BusinessView all jobs at Elbowoods Memorial Health Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?