Elbowoods Memorial Health Center New Town, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
POSITION SUMMARY: (position includes but is not limited to the following):
1) Position serves primarily as Dental Hygienist at the Dental Clinic as part of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. a) Job Summary (position includes, but is not limited to the following): i) Performs Dental examinations. ii) Performs Dental cleaning utilizing a variety of tools to complete their procedures. iii) Practices dental prevention measures and educates patient on maintaining proper oral health. iv) Performs radiographic examinations as required. v) Performs routine preventive maintenance (daily, monthly, yearly and as required); troubleshoots common equipment failure and refers problems to technical consultant as needed. vi) Follows safety procedures and standards for the operation and maintenance of equipment. Daily cleaning of work area. vii) Greets and escorts patients to the examining room in a timely manner to accomplish good patient flow. viii) Maintains necessary records as required. ix) Prepares assigned work area for receiving patients. Ensures that proper supplies are on hand for the procedure being performed. x) Performs other duties as required.
2) Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
3) Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure stable operations.
4) Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
5) Maintain required reporting as assigned.
6) Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
7) Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs. 8) Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Two years Associates Degree in Dental Hygiene from an accredited College or University, REQUIRED,
- Bachelors or higher degree preferred. Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
- Possession of a current, unrestricted ND Dental Hygienist License.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
- Possession of a current, valid North Dakota State Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and telephone, REQUIRED.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must submit and clear Criminal Records Background Check.
- Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
- Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
- Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
The work requires regular and recurrent standing to perform tasks, walking between the different sections of the facilities, and reaching and bending to obtain supplies and operate systems.
- Work is performed in an office environment with varying conditions of noise level, temperature, and illumination.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds of material.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, computer and other office equipment.
- Work situations may be stressful and require irregular hours.
- Travel required.
- Potential exposure to blood and other hazardous material, communicable diseases, and other conditions common in a health care environment.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PROVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THREE AFFILIATED TRIBES POSITIONS.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Submit a Three Affiliated Tribes; Application for employment with all requirements and supporting documentation to: Three Affiliated Tribes ATTN: Human Resources 404 Frontage Road New Town, ND 58763
Please Note: If requirements are not met, i.e. submissions of a resume in lieu of a Three Affiliated Tribes application, or not including a required certification or document, your application will not be reviewed and will be disqualified.
Indian Preference Will Apply: In accordance with Three Affiliated Tribes policy, priority in selection will be given to qualified applicants who provide proof of eligibility for “Indian Preference”.
Veterans Preference Will Apply: In accordance with Three Affiliated Tribes policy, priority in selection will be given to qualified applicants who provide proof of eligibility for “Veteran Preference”.
Applications will not be returned.
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s.
This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
Elbowoods Memorial Health CenterWhy Work Here?
The Elbowoods Memorial Health Center Team is a dedicated group of medical and administrative professionals.
You can find our application on our tribal website www.mhanation.com/emhc-employment. Complete the application and the Child care/Public Trust form and return to our MHA Nation Human Resource Department. Come join our team!!! Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s. This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
1058 College DriveNew Town, ND