Clinical Application Coordinator
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center New Town, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
1) Position serves primarily as the Clinical Applications Coordinator for the Elbowoods Memorial Health Center and 5 field locations.
2) Job Summary (position includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Plans, implements, and evaluates Clinical Information Technology software.
• Responsible for the implementation and support of multi-service software packages that automate the capture of clinical encounter information and its subsequent retrieval.
• The application coordinator manages the customization of the site parameters and addresses integration issues with other software packages.
• Assists in the implementation of new software products obtained by the facility that cover these functions
• Analyzes and evaluates processes related to information flow.
• Serves as liaison between IT, Program Managers, Medical Director, HSA and CEO concerning these processes.
• Acquires a comprehensive knowledge of the software involved to determine what are procedural issues versus system/application deficiencies
• Provides training to clinical staff on current software applications and new features, and insures training is scheduled for new users and assists staff in the efficient use of the current software.
• Emphasizes timeliness, accuracy, security and the importance of these functions on every other clinical application.
• Coordinates training and serves as backup for basic training classes.
• Promotes an awareness of the importance of data validity and data security
• Coordinates efforts to correct deficiencies and errors that occur in the electronic record.
• Coordinates with Other Hospitals/Clinics and other application coordinators to implement integrated packages, resolve conflicts, and insure smooth operations..
• Will work with other departments in the successful submission of all reporting requirements such as Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), Uniform Data System (UDS) reporting and any other contract reporting requirements.
• Logs all problems, referring those requiring a higher level of technical support to the appropriate person or team.
• Promotes an atmosphere that encourages enthusiasm and user participation in clinical computing.
• Creates a positive environment for reporting application and/or system deficiencies and suggestions for system improvements and enhanced functionality.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Maximizes system software functionality against available resources and clinical staff needs.
• Integrates clinical staff encounter data and requested query outputs.
• Maintains required reporting for CMS Meaningful Use standards
• Performs routine preventive maintenance and updates (daily, monthly, yearly and as required); troubleshoots common software problems and refers problems to technical consultant as needed.
3) Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
4) Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
5) Maintain required reporting as assigned.
6) Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
7) Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
8) Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIROMENT
The work requires regular and recurrent standing to perform tests, walking between the different sections of the facilities, and reaching and bending to obtain supplies and operate systems. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds. Position requires driving between clinics in all weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, PREFERRED . Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
• Demonstrated experience planning, implementing and evaluating program use of EHR software, PREFERRED.
• Possess 3-5 years of project leadership experience in Health Care or related field, PREFERRED.
• Possession of a current, valid North Dakota State Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and telephone, REQUIRED.
• Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must submit and clear Criminal Records Background Check.
• Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
• Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
• Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
• Work is performed in an office environment with varying conditions of noise level, temperature, and illumination.
• Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds of material.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, computer and other office equipment.
• Work situations may be stressful and require irregular hours.
• Potential exposure to blood and other hazardous material, communicable diseases, and other conditions common in a health care environment.
• Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
• Shift work may be required.
• Extensive walking is required since interaction between all disciplines within the health care operations and management is required.
• Travel may be required to accomplish facility goals.
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s.
This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
Elbowoods Memorial Health CenterWhy Work Here?
The Elbowoods Memorial Health Center Team is a dedicated group of medical and administrative professionals.
You can find our application on our tribal website www.mhanation.com/emhc-employment. Complete the application and the Child care/Public Trust form and return to our MHA Nation Human Resource Department. Come join our team!!! Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s. This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
1058 College Drive New Town NDNew Town, ND